HeartFlow

www.heartflow.com
  www.heartflow.com
There are newer employer reviews for HeartFlow

Transforming healthcare, great team, bright future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at HeartFlow full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting opportunity to transform healthcare system while saving lives and reducing costs by billions. Revolutionary and disruptive technology that will create a new industry. Great enthusiasm from physicians, hospitals and insurance companies - which almost never happens in health care. Great team working on a challenging and important problem. Exceptional talent from the CEO on down. Have hired some of the best and brightest in their fields from all over the world - no shortage of talent nor drive. Everyone is dedicated to a greater purpose - that of helping patients. I have never worked with a more talented team. Fun place to work. Amazing location overlooking the SF bay. Great gym, cafeteria. Everyone works hard and is dedicated to company mission.

Cons

HeartFlow faces the challenges any health care start-up would that is so disruptive and has so much potential for change. It grew too fast in part based on belief it could bring products to market much quicker than was the case. Since this is such a new and disruptive technology, there is no playbook to follow and as a result there have been some wrong decisions made along the way (as well as many right ones). Rapid growth prior to revenue led to layoff at end of 2012. To their credit the management team has learned from these mistakes and put the team on a path to success and a great future.

Maintain focus on driving adoption of core product

14 Other Employee Reviews for HeartFlow (View Most Recent)

Most exciting company I have worked for!

I have been working at HeartFlow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no other place I would rather work than HeartFlow. I have worked at numerous companies and recognize that HeartFlow has more potential than most ever hope to have. Its core technology has already gained a significant following and now it is upon the company to deliver a product that could be widely used in cardiovascular medicine. I have worked at HeartFlow for over a year, and while I was concerned with management strategies when I first joined the company, I now see that we are on a path to success. The company stumbled early on in understanding their customer environment and grew too quickly, but since the downsizing at the end of last year, the leadership has provided clarity of the company mission and the company, as a whole, has been focused and meeting its goals. While it is not a perfect place to work (and I’ve never seen one), I love my job because I work with brilliant people in a company that has the potential to transform cardiac medicine. We are focused on improving our processes and executing our mission to launch our product into the market. There are plenty of nice perks and the office environment is casual with a “work hard, play hard” culture. Working here is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Pros: awesome people, good benefits, financially strong for startup, improving communication from leadership, great opportunities for career growth

Cons

Cons: insurance benefits could be better

Incredible place to develop MEANINGFUL technology

Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at HeartFlow full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HeartFlow has amazing employees. They have gathered the world's best in software, imaging, biomedical, medical and other fields. You can't go wrong working with the best people.

The technology is cutting edge and is actually meaningful, helps people, and solves big problems. It feels good to work on highly meaningful problems vs games and apps.

The culture is great, really strong efforts to make an enjoyable and active workplace. Good team camaraderie.

The company is well funded and poised for success.

Cons

There are risks and uncertainties as with any startup, but for the right people that makes it exciting. Be ready for ups and downs, long difficult projects, tight resources, and occasional disappointment. The company has a lot to do still. I think the success and potential of the technology and team overwhelm these issues though.

Other reviews mention some resentment to the reorg that occurred last year, but the move was courageous and the outcome now is very positive. Not every company has the guts to make a decision like that, let alone succeed and thrive afterwards.

Stay focused, keep hiring only the best, and maintain strong culture as we start to be commercial.

There are newer employer reviews for HeartFlow