There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Dental

Watch out for a wolf in sheep's clothing!

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their Mission and Vision are suburb, offer amazing classes and have a wonderful team member selection process.

Cons

Too many hours are required, they tell you to work 45 (salary) and you end up more often than not working 60-80 hours a week. They say its all about the patients and patient care, but its really all about the numbers! if your offices and doctors aren't exceeding their budgeted numbers, watch out because stuff rolls down hill fast.

Advice to Management

Please take a good look at what is really happening the the field. You have an amazing team of Administrators, but they lack the support from the RA level is wide spread . They have NO idea what is really going on in the offices. They look at the numbers and don't see the people behind the numbers. Always look at both side to a situation, there is more than one perspective.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great opportunity for growth professionally AND personally

Former Employee - Business Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Business Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get what you give. It is difficult to get acclimated with new systems, approaches and standards. But once you open yourself up, opportunities open up as well. I was told from the get go it would not be "easy" - why do we always need to expect easy? I surrounded myself with good mentors who told me the truth, sometimes not what I wanted to hear but it helped me grow. I learned much from my experience with Heartland and only left due to my husband's job move. If they ever come to Colorado, I will be first in line for a job!

Cons

There is a lot to learn, in little time. Training was good however knowing that if I failed, I could learn from it instead of being chastised for it - that was better. There are many classes your first year but they are a choice, if you choose not to take them, that is on you. Extra vacation and ability to share in bonuses - why would you not take the classes? Not mention you learn more about your role if you do!

Advice to Management

Ensure the message is the same. From Dr. W- VP-RDO-RA to PA. Do some follow up and ask your current employess what they think about their job. This company is growing and if you have someone not connected they can break the chain and others might suffer. Get your VP's and RDO's in offices more. Not just for the Doctors but for the teams that support those Doctor's. If people do not feel heard, they may feel overlooked.

2. Excellent learning experience and they really do care about patient care and their employees

Current Employee - Practice Administrator
    Current Employee - Practice Administrator

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multiple opportunites for additional continuing education. Definite job security and support from all angles. It's okay to not be perfect, they expect you to fail at things, work with you through it and turn it into a learning experience.

Cons

Stressful, alot of responsibility, not everyone has as strong of a support system