Heartland Dental

www.heartland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Dental

Watch out for a wolf in sheep's clothing!

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their Mission and Vision are suburb, offer amazing classes and have a wonderful team member selection process.

Cons

Too many hours are required, they tell you to work 45 (salary) and you end up more often than not working 60-80 hours a week. They say its all about the patients and patient care, but its really all about the numbers! if your offices and doctors aren't exceeding their budgeted numbers, watch out because stuff rolls down hill fast.

Please take a good look at what is really happening the the field. You have an amazing team of Administrators, but they lack the support from the RA level is wide spread . They have NO idea what is really going on in the offices. They look at the numbers and don't see the people behind the numbers. Always look at both side to a situation, there is more than one perspective.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Dental (View Most Recent)

Do as I say.... Not as I do!

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Classes are useful... as long as you don't speak out of line.

Cons

They preach one thing and do the opposite. They advertise to young Dr.'s right out of school to join HDC and only focus on practicing dentistry. "Don't worry about the administrative side of the office" " We'll take care of the business so you can do what you enjoy the most". The reality is the administrators are more concerned with making themselves look good/ getting promoted than they are with quality patient care, and long term, happy, well trained team members, If an office is having problems it's expected things will be resolved in the office and not bothersome to anyone at the home office. It's always the fault of those in the office. Administrators have ZERO accountability! This company loves to have meetings! Hours and hours are spent in meetings with VERY LITTLE follow through. They plot and plan but nothing ever changes... and yet the administrators pat themselves on the back and congratulate each other for a job well done. This company is the perfect example of middle management run a muck! Advise to DDS- Nothings free. If it sounds too good to be true...it is! HDC does not pay for your employee training, including food, lodging, travel... you do. They don't pay for high employee turn over... you do! They don't pay for administrator salaries and visits to your practice... YOU DO! They don't even pay for all those lunches and incentives they're handing out to your team... YOU DO!! Take a chance and buy a retired Docs practice or start your own. YOU CAN DO IT!! Where there's a will, there's a way. You won't regret it. Don't get lured into the HDC web. You'll find yourself trapped.

Hold your PA, RA, and RDO accountable! If there's an office with high employee turnover or high patient turnover... or both. That's a management problem. Start writing up these middle management team members when there's no follow through after admin meetings. This is not the same company Rick Workman started. Upper management has NO IDEA what's going on in these offices. They rely way too much on what middle management is telling them and middle management just keeps passing the buck further down the food chain.

Great opportunity for growth professionally AND personally

Former Employee - Business Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Business Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get what you give. It is difficult to get acclimated with new systems, approaches and standards. But once you open yourself up, opportunities open up as well. I was told from the get go it would not be "easy" - why do we always need to expect easy? I surrounded myself with good mentors who told me the truth, sometimes not what I wanted to hear but it helped me grow. I learned much from my experience with Heartland and only left due to my husband's job move. If they ever come to Colorado, I will be first in line for a job!

Cons

There is a lot to learn, in little time. Training was good however knowing that if I failed, I could learn from it instead of being chastised for it - that was better.
    There are many classes your first year but they are a choice, if you choose not to take them, that is on you. Extra vacation and ability to share in bonuses - why would you not take the classes? Not mention you learn more about your role if you do!

Ensure the message is the same. From Dr. W- VP-RDO-RA to PA. Do some follow up and ask your current employess what they think about their job. This company is growing and if you have someone not connected they can break the chain and others might suffer.
    Get your VP's and RDO's in offices more. Not just for the Doctors but for the teams that support those Doctor's. If people do not feel heard, they may feel overlooked.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Dental