It is what you make of it, like any job.

Current Employee - EDDA  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - EDDA in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Heartland for over 10 years and sure there are different personalities that can be in conflict with each other but I love working for Heartland. They have given me the future that I normally wouldn't have had on my own. I spend quality time with the patients I don't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

No sick days or personal time off.

Start asking the everyday hygienist or assistant about new policies and what would make them happy. Consider another week vacation for long term loyal employees.

Other Reviews for Heartland Dental

front desk

Former Employee - Front Desk  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Houston, TX

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

none this is very disapointing company

Cons

they dont care about anything but money, the turn over rate is unbeilivable , the pratice assiatant is the one who says what the doctor does , highly illigal .....they work you crazy times and hours. they expect you to think there is no other place ....they are not trust worthy ...they dont NOT care about the patients just money. I would like to see them go under for mal practice ......everyone there is back stabbing....the pay sucks....and most of all they break you down as a person......

GET OVER YOURSELFS!!!!!!!

If you value your integrity and morals RUN as fast as you can the other way

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Health insurance, paid vacation after first year (if you make it that long)

Cons

All about the money. Managment lies to cover their own butt and puts pressure on team members to produce. Written up in one office for something, when in another it is an everyday thing and no big deal. Such as placing fluoride and pt is unhappy about the cost, you can get written up or it, when in most offices it's okay we will just write that off! Happens daily!!!! But if your doctor or your BA does not like you they watch and nitpick to find things to get you in trouble for. Oh and lets not forget hygienist have to go down to BA rate if the have open space on their schedule that is equal to about an hour. Even if the pt failed same day or called in to cancel! Ba rate by the way is half, thats right, half your normal pay! No other team member has to go down to half pay when they have openings on their side of the schedule, Dr's side that is.

Pressure to produce, if you do not make your goals ooh boy do you hear about it. And no matter what it is never anyone's fault but your own. You must have done something wrong, you didn't SELL the treatment correctly. You did not diagnois perio disease enough. Why isn't this office producing more crowns and rct's. Very clicky between some members of upper managment and some team members (informers) that will report anything they see as disloyalty to the company.

Pull you head out of your posteriors and treat your employees right. There is a reason there is such a high employee turnover. Also quit getting some team members to spy on others, it is hard to work in an environment where there is no trust.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Dental.

Worked for Heartland Dental? Contribute to the Community!