At Home in Heartland

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Largo, FL
Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Largo, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Teamwork, Updated equipment & supplies, Continuing Ed, the list goes on & on!!!

Cons

You must be a nice person to work for this company, otherwise it just may not work out.

Advice to Management

I recently attended NEO and for such a large and fast expanding business I LOVE how even in the highest positions everyone is still so close in working together, to continue our best efforts to keep growing, not only as a business but as individual people.

reviews filtered by

Awful, Life force-sucking company!!!

I worked at Heartland Dental

Pros

There is nothing positive to say. All promises are a complete and total lie.

Cons

If you value your sanity, DO NOT work for this company. They ONLY care about money. There is not an iota of consideration for the patient or employees.In their ads they say that they offer continuing education courses monthly. Thus being a Dental assistant I figured they would be clinical continuing education- NOT SO...their classes consist of sales training and they are most certainly not monthly. The office environment is terrible....very catty and favorites are most definitely picked based off of who gets "the most production." The doctors are not able to be on time for their pt.'s . One of the doctors I worked for would be 45 minutes to 2 hrs. late for patients appointments. Then, when the patient storms out angry that their time has been wasted, the Doctors get angry at you for not "stalling" them.Frequently, we were asked to purchase breakfast for the Doctors with our own money- AS IF DOCTORS DON'T MAKE ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN FOOD!!! Also, do not trust ANYONE in this company, they will back stab you in a heart beat. This includes making up complete and total lies to try to get you written up or fired. Their PA's typically have no clinical experience whatsoever, yet they are in charge of clinical team members. As for benefits, I went to use those, and even though I was told my insurance was ready to go, hr messed up and I still had no benefits. Another girl I worked with had six payments taken out at once for her life insurance.

Advice to Management

Please close down your corporation. It is an extremely corrupt organization. Just awful, there's no helping this one.

Increase revenues

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEU's courses. They specialize on time management and selling techniques to help dentists and hygienists produce more revenues.

Cons

Main company goal: Constant pressure to increase production. Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports you have to constantly monitor (or the management will make you do it).
    They claim it's all about the patient but REALLY IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PRODUCTION.

i.e. a patient that hasn't had any cleanings or check up for 15 years and has poor dental IQ they recommend that you do an STM with antibiotics (Arestin) from the get go! How about debridement first with patient education and bring them back for another eval and take it from there...of course they are going to have pockets if they have poor dental care and it has been 15 years since last visit!!! Let the body try to heal and respond first and then treat if necessary. Some studies I have read say that antibiotics do nothing for perio pockets.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the same, do not give "prefer status" to high producers only!!!