it's not just a place of work, it's a family

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

Great support
Outstanding IT
Great Management in my region
Fexible
Understanding
The WIN has changed this company made people more accountable
THE SKY IS THE LIMIT
Multiple product sales

Cons

Policy can get in the way
underwritting is extremely inconsistant
You are ALWAYS working - but someone once told me, It's your portfolio, it's your Job to keep it.

I happen to highly repsect my regional, divisional and territory management team.
But i think communication always can be better, doesnt matter how tight you think you are, always communicate, over kill is not a bad thing.

always remember to be encouraging sometimes people quit their managers not the job.

Other Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Don't walk...... RUN AWAY

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

Not much. I like the freedom the opportunity offers. If you make the minimum, they leave you alone and you can do what you like on your own terms so long as you continue to produce.

Cons

Their expectations are so unrealistic it isn't even funny. The company desperately needs new sales people but they offer nothing to recruit with. They offer no base pay, no expense account, no car allowance, NO BENEFITS, no cell phone - nothing. Then they expect to grow the company with the very few people who will actually take the opportunity. As a result, they get nothing but B level talent and then management wonders why they can't grow the company. People would rather stay unemployed than do this.

They hired this new recruiting team to do all the recruiting. Expectations were high. We heard all about the amount of leads that would be given for new recruits. What happened? Nothing of substance - very few leads. Why? Because they don't offer anything. But management doesn't want to hear that. They just expect you to keep trying, keep pushing and find some warm body to hire. It's a joke.

They talk about all the benefits of becoming vested and having the 30X buyout on portfolio. What they forget to mention is payroll and the marketing program isn't eligible for the cash buyout. So 2/3 of the main products that you have to sell are not worth anything in portfolio equity. Huh?

As a territory manager, I'm expected to drink the koolaid and if I offer an opinion that is contrary to the delirious beliefs of my supervisor - my team gets cut and I no longer get leads for potential new clients. They just want a bunch of yes men.

Get a clue HPS. You can't grow your company isn't going to grow unless you hire QUALITY sales people. Very few skillful sales professionals will work for what you offer.

If you're thinking of working for HPS, just know that the opportunity isn't half as good as what they say it is. I would advise you to look elsewhere.

You have to put more meat on the bone. If you want to hire quality sales people, you have to offer more to potential recruits. You need to continue to ADD incentives to your sales force - not take them away. If the d*** I Pad is so great - GIVE IT TO US!!!! Are you kidding me?

Not What They Say They Are

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

Good People to work with and very knowledgeable.

Cons

New products are not ready for primetime. Fly by the seat of your pants implementation. Salary not competitive with the industry.

Listen to the people that you hire. You hired them for a reason let them do what they do best. Get management training to your senior management staff. Communication needs to be enhanced so everyone knows what is going on. Make sure products are ready for primetime and not being tested in customer locations.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!