Heartland Payment Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

My Foray into the Payments Business

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good brand recognition, reasonable initial commission payouts, in-place sales methodologies for prospecting, presenting and closing.

Cons

Industry is too crowded and this company has so much overhead it cannot be more price-competitive. Management expects salespeople to have no other business interests, which I find challenging when compensation is 100% commission-based

Lighten up on overhead and ivory towers, get real on pricing for marketing services

246 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

Managers did not earn their position, it's all about who you know, if they want you in the click

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

pay and hours are chosen by yours truly but this benefit washes when scrutinized by your mgr
    1st class perks, trips, bonuses etc

Cons

The company no longer has heart
    can anyone say MICROMANAGment?... EXTREMELY HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL VETERANS CHASED RIGHT OUT THE DOOR over and over again
    Absolutly NO respect from MOST DM's
    LOL
    You would think they would notice by their salaries, duh, were doing something wrong here, not making the money we use too....
    DAILY and I mean DAILY BLATENT job threats by managers
    HR tries to back you up, but ya know, I mean,wtf, lol ALL OF THE PROOF is in black and white in that office
    Idiot mgrs who couldn't sell their way out of a paperbag, with NUMEROUS customer complaints against them
    Biggest Con by HPS today....trying to pretend like they are the original Heartlanders,
    this is not the same company
    not the same service
    not the same principals
    SMP is a JOKE
    the no longer even implement the merchant bill of rights, they broke it themselves.

Hire more people just like yourselves, and I am OUTTA HERE !

Challenging and complex as their technology is going through many changes.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in South Hadley, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in South Hadley, MA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

It's a conducive work environment for those wishing to have a home based business with a flexible schedule. They have a broad variety of training webinars availalbe to help with your growth within the organization.

Cons

They are relatively new in the credit card processing industry, and are learing through trial and error how better to accommodate both their customers and employees. They have completed a multi-million dollar service center that has helped make them one of the top 5 in the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems