Heartland Payment Systems

www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com
  www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Beware reps in rural areas, this is a big city opportunity only!

Current Employee - Relations in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Relations in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company offers weekly pay. Your comissions are usually accurate.

Cons

Service center has issues, notably some users are under trained and poorly trained leading to issues when downloading terminals. Sales reps are not given more than a couple of days training so this can lead to issues for those entering the processing industry. Company has recently become an ISO of Wells Fargo which has led to poorer pricing for most merchants. The company has gottne away from providing its Relationship Managers with what they need to suceed. Additionaly, this opportunity is good for reps with lots of clients that process a very high volume; the company's pricing structure is not friendly to lower volume merchants.

Get back to investing in your reps, managers and operations people. Poor training causes issues for all.

252 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

Unlimited Income Potential. You get out what you put in.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No limit on commissions
    Residual income
    Tons of extra incentives (trips, incentive points, cash bonuses for early production, etc..)
    Great reputation in the industry
    Great service to back us up in the field so that we can focus on our next deal
    Amazing technology that takes away all the typical paperwork that goes with a sales job

Cons

It's a short sales cycle industry which means you need to keep your head in the game each day
    No leads to speak of so it's up to me to create that network of opportunity

Keep doing what you're doing. Our products and services get better every year.

6 year employee getting ready to leave

Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, ability to set schedule without interference as long as work is being completed.

Cons

My position is on-call after hours and weekends; overtime is paid but frowned upon if you need to use it frequently. Management has recently made the decision to reimburse expenses monthly instead of weekly as they had done for the past several years, meaning I carry a multi-million dollar company for 5-6 weeks. This, along with growing frustration with changing job requirements and compensation (6 changes in pay structure in as many years) have lead to my decision to leave the company.

Treat AM's as a valued member of the team instead of servants.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems