There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

A company to grow with.

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Opinions are valued from the bottom-up. There is great growth opportunity and management is supportive in any additional training opportunities you'd like to take advantage of. Core values of integrity and transparency truly resonate throughout the company.

Cons

It is a fast growing company so it endures some of the standard growing pains.

reviews filtered by

Not worth bothering

Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is big on integrity and up front pricing. Atlas is a great tool once you learn how to utilize it! The annual conference was fun if you can make it you should go. It's the only free thing this company will ever give you.

Cons

I worked for World Pay before I started with Heartland and made a lot more money. Quotas were sort of ridiculous because of the short sales cycle. No reimbursements for gas or expenses. You have to purchase sales materials like sample gift cards. I wasted so much money working for Heartland. I'm spoiled because I came from a media background with Yellow Book and they provided me with a base pay, reimbursements and great commissions.

Stop the micromanagement! Consider a base pay! Or at least sales leads!

If Heartland Approaches you be very cautious.

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Endorsed by Nat. Rest Association.

Cons

Recently Heartland approached me about working for them. They fussed for 1.5 months of the $1000 per week draw that ended in 6 months that I needed to live on until I got the territory up and running, but bragged that I would be making upwards of 10K per month with in a year. This was all before I even began my "initiation" process. They have this "initiation" 2 week period, called Jump Start that you work for minimum wage, supply them with 20 strong contacts and 4 referral partners. They expect you to QUIT your current job and dedicate everything to Heartland even though you will NOT get a JOB offer unless everything is done "exactly" perfect per Heartland during the initiation "Jump Start" period. You will have to supply minimum of 10 strong appoints to them. They will ask you to put their name on your car insurance during this period too. You will go through this "initiation" process with NO Training on their computer system ATLAS, NO Nothing about the products and have to be totally dependent on your Manager because you have to take them on your first 20 appointments. You will hear words like Transparent, Honest, Ethical and Character be very cautious. Your will have to sign a Jump Start Contract. Durning my Jump Start the Manager tried to Re Negotiate my pay, Codes were NOT supplied to me the first day of Jump Start but 4 days later inhibiting my ability to achieve any timely success, Management has NO sense of urgency of your success.

Quit looking for Qualified, Quality Sales Consultants and hire inferior unexperienced beginners.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems