Heartland Payment Systems

www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com

A company to grow with.

Pros

Opinions are valued from the bottom-up. There is great growth opportunity and management is supportive in any additional training opportunities you'd like to take advantage of. Core values of integrity and transparency truly resonate throughout the company.

Cons

It is a fast growing company so it endures some of the standard growing pains.

Other reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

If Heartland Approaches you be very cautious.

Former Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Endorsed by Nat. Rest Association.

Cons

Recently Heartland approached me about working for them. They fussed for 1.5 months of the $1000 per week draw that ended in 6 months that I needed to live on until I got the territory up and running, but bragged that I would be making upwards of 10K per month with in a year. This was all before I even began my "initiation" process. They have this "initiation" 2 week period, called Jump Start that you work for minimum wage, supply them with 20 strong contacts and 4 referral partners. They expect you to QUIT your current job and dedicate everything to Heartland even though you will NOT get a JOB offer unless everything is done "exactly" perfect per Heartland during the initiation "Jump Start" period. You will have to supply minimum of 10 strong appoints to them. They will ask you to put their name on your car insurance during this period too. You will go through this "initiation" process with NO Training on their computer system ATLAS, NO Nothing about the products and have to be totally dependent on your Manager because you have to take them on your first 20 appointments. You will hear words like Transparent, Honest, Ethical and Character be very cautious. Your will have to sign a Jump Start Contract. Durning my Jump Start the Manager tried to Re Negotiate my pay, Codes were NOT supplied to me the first day of Jump Start but 4 days later inhibiting my ability to achieve any timely success, Management has NO sense of urgency of your success.

Quit looking for Qualified, Quality Sales Consultants and hire inferior unexperienced beginners.

Run for your life! Don't work here!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

The Technology network has lots of definitions.

Cons

They make you think they are on top of the technology. Their products & services are dated! Their products most of the time do not/cannot interface with the majority of the businesses internal computer software products they have purchased specifically for their system, ie. POS systems or banks. They leave you in the cold and tell the Relationship Manager sales person; it's your problem. Therefore, 98% of the businesses (minus nail salons and small mom & pop restaurants) you go into are "not" a "qualified" customers. The numbers game here is in the hundreds. The process is very lengthy from every direction and you might not get paid! It takes a long time to push through, must fanigle most transactions to get it pushed to install!, wheeling and dealing of machines on the side from a service stand point, and to running around to get a prepaid card to make the first transaction ($25 gift card, sales person pays). And they have a very large quota. Good Luck!!

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!