Heartland Payment Systems
www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com Princeton, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Heartland is not perfect, but it's a great place to work.

ProsBecause HPS is a small company that grew up, there is more openness to new ideas and processes. Senior Management, from the CEO down, have high integrity and really care about the employees. Work/Life balance is very good for most people. I've been promoted significantly which shows the company does try to promote from within.

ConsBecause HPS is a small company that grew up, there aren't established policies for some things, with the exception of security and card processing functions of course! The company is still trying to find the balance between benefits, salary and bonus. Security is always a concern, and is part of everything that goes on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some smaller benefits that have high perceived value and are affordable to be more in line with other companies in our space. Increase salary and decrease bonus, or find a way to minimize tax impact for highly bonused leaders.

This company was once the shenizle but now it's on the downhill fizzle.

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
    Mobile, AL

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Most of call Ctr seems to actually try to help reps when they call in with account issues. As far as call Ctr helping merchants....lacking… Cons: Outdated and incompatible products Ridiculous reporting games that are nothing but fluff numbers for stockholders Incompetent management through out company. No distinctions to help separate Heartland from… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your computers and phones and get out in the field and actually do what you require of your team. Lead by example… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I learnt a lot while working at heartland as a intern. All team members are very helpful.

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems as an intern

Pros: To touch the production data and best thing is you get the chance to touch almost every thing from… Cons: open floor environment and usually its very noisy. Keep stock… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heartland Payment Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heartland Payment Systems CEO Bob Carr. All reviews posted anonymously by Heartland Payment Systems employees.