Heartland Payment Systems

www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Much better off after 2 years post Heartland!

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in North Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in North Sacramento, CA

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learned about merchant services, good online training programs, good online information resources.

Cons

In a nutshell, they stole my residuals. I was let go because I didn't meet their draconian sales goals and no consideration was given for the area I live and work. It's a small town farming community in Northern CA and big business just does not exist here. I was told when I started with Heartland that it takes two years to build a good client base and I was willing to put the time and effort into that. But after finally signing some of our largest restaurants in town and a large RV sales 2 location business, I was told that my numbers were just not good enough and I was gone. No residuals at all. Don't let that happen to you. If you want to learn the business, work for them for a short time then look for a good company that pays good commission rates and lets you have control over the equipment you buy and sell to your merchants Heartland doesn't even allow you to purchase your own equipment and sell at a little profit. Also, look at their compensation...trust me you're better off taking little or nothing up front and getting 50 or 60 percent residual commission. Then make sure that you never lose those residuals no matter what. My current company even pays residuals to my heir (my daughter) in case of my death.

Real simple, stop thinking of all the ways to make Heartland executives rich and think more about how to retain good sales people.

257 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

If you can't be self motivated to succeed, don't try it.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity for uncapped income
    Monthly residuals become yours after you are vested.
    Company has a lot of opportunity, I am already getting a chance to move up.
    Service Center is state of the art
    if you cant make your own leads, you fail, if you are motivated to make money, YOU CAN MAKE IT!

Cons

Sometimes have to cut margin to compete.

keep coming out with new ideas and equipment to make us more competitive. Also, if you have people who aren't cutting it, time to let them move on.

Transparency for merchants - not for sales team

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Somewhat create your own schedule.

Cons

There is a tunnel vision mentality- and everyone in upper and middle management work off a script. They do not explain the true compensation structure until after you have suffered from ridiculous true-ups and charge backs. You have no rights as a salesperson- you are trued up for everything to the point you are paying Heartland to work every day. If you are an ethical salesperson truly working in the best interest of your merchant, you will not make a living with this company. But they will make a ton off of you!

Stop. Just stop with the scripted responses and answers to every question. Re examine your compensation structure and your policies. Check out your local management better...DMs/TMs working the system and doing unethical practices are a very real concern for you. Stop abusing your sales force and providing lackadaisical statements/responses to address changes you implement more and more. Everything is in your favor- sales people have no rights and the Payroll and Marketing teams are paid based off what the sales people are out there enrolling but these salaried and hourly people never get "trued up" for doing their job poorly and frankly wrong after it has left the hands of the sales person. Only the sales person suffers. Shame on you. May you continue to lose hard working , ethical and professional salespeople. Shame on you!

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems