Heartland Payment Systems

www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Relationship Mgr. - Responsible for sales of credit card processing and companies payroll

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Service, Range of products, pricing control.

Cons

Full commission, very price competitive.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

RUN VERY QUICKLY!

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They make you believe it is wonderful.

Cons

When I began working for HPS, I was recruited I'm a small to medium sized very clicking community that HPS had never been able to gain market penetration. I was a native and insider that busted the market open for HPS. After a flagrant human resource violation, I was abandoned and I quickly discovered that negative paychecks were very real! I had many weeks that I received negative pay for true-ups because of a bad economy and closing businesses. These people love you when you are doing well, and will steal you blind on the back side!

Advice to Management

Learn the value of people that make you money! Because you have a legal department does not mean is is moral nor ethical to use it against those you have destroyed!

Painful at Best. Not a great experience for a true sales professional anymore.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seemingly a solid name and ego in the industry so I had applied to them.
    I got hired instantly and I had no industry experience, which could also be a con, I guess because it didn't seem very challenging to get the position.LOL
    I believed it would be very professional so I applied. this was later a con.
    They have a lot of products
    They have a cool computer called Atlas that is neat but it is really more of a cumbersome tool for them to compile a lot of crazy information and require you to fill out mandated information about random merchants out there.
    I have since learned to later potentially sell to a potential buyer *rumored of course. More power to you , right? ;)

Cons

Micromanagement at its worst in a fully commissioned sales role.
    No real structured training that feels corporate or any real mentors to look up to who haven't been terminated or quit for greener pastures.
    It appears that the company is extremely driven by family politics with promotion with very little experience and a great deal of their original talent has come and gone in this field which is concerning to me as a sales professional that is newer to this industry.
    Heartland has an extraordinary amount of employee turnover and overbearing managers who manage from fear.

Advice to Management

Stop begging people to work here right away on the first interview and stop promoting family members because I have discovered now after a few months after connecting the dots that my time here is very short lived and there is very little respect in this company for many of the managers here. THere is a lot of animosity for managers that are promoted with little to no talent and are not honest when they teach their reps selling tips and they are promoted based on their relatives. THis appears to be a very dishonest industry but it is more exposed when you are working in conditions that warrant this style of activity.

it is too bad because I had higher hopes when my friend suggested that I try this out after reading about it. I am sure this won't be read, but if it helps anyone, maybe it's for the greater good. best of luck if it gets through to someone.