www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Heartland for over 8 years. My career has been wonderful and challenging. Have created wealth for my family and my future. Have the opportunity to continue to do the same. The sales position is structured for individuals who have a STRONG work ethic, integrity and persistence. An attitude of doing whatever is necessary (ethically + professionally) and never quit.

Heartland training is on-going.....if you have the focus and desire to learn. It will not be spoon fed. The training modules and all support are available to those who are interested. It is up to the individual.

Whining and excuses are not acceptable if you are determined to earn a big income, help businesses and run your own business. It all comes back to personal accountability.

Cons

Micro management is prevelant at Heartland. I agree that the managers should get into the field more often. "Get their hands dirty" as one of the reveiwers wrote.

My advice for a serious sales professional: Put your head down, take a moment to definitely commit yourself, NEVER look back, failure is not an option. Take total responsibility for your actions, communications and results. I put this comment in CONS because there are too many folks that truly cannot handle this responsibility.

Advice to Management

Management--truthful answers: 1. Can you still SELL in today's environment with someone (your manager) breathing down your neck every minute of the day? 2. Are you hiring children that you have to babysit or professional adults that deserve your respect?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

DO NOT waste your time unless you want to be run over and kicked to the curb.

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

maybe the ability to be able...

Cons

Where to start. I thought about this for a few days and went back and forth trying to see if this was really worth it. I decided to take a chance and go with them. Went rounds about what was needed even prior to getting a job with them and in the end, what a waste of time. They gave me the run around, the you need to make a decision today or nothing can happen,or maybe it was the bashing by management too. They want you to work for them and leave what you are doing so you can make appointments and possibly make money or even have a job. I was all in and made sure before I left my current position that I would have a position and per the upper management, as he said, "yes you will. Just get here and we will make sure you succeed..." What a joke. On top of that, communication is very limited. Should have taken the hint when I asked to go on a call with them to find out what the day is like, see the presentations and really get a feel for it... but as you would think that would be a a loud NO. If you do not call them they will not call you even though you are still working and don't really have all the time to make a call to say hi during your day. But can send emails and text msgs to make sure you know they are pissed. I was actually excited about moving on and coming to this organization even though I have hear a lot of negative reviews, but guess I should have went with my gut. Take a step back and think about if you want to be micro managed by a group that could care less about you and your family needs.

Advice to Management

Listen to your messages and call people back and maybe drop the attitude as you are not the highest of all. Drop the attitude and comments too.

Proceed with caution

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lifetime residuals if you get vested

Cons

Sales personal are treated like a necessary evil. If a customer leaves within the first 12 months on credit card for any reason, you get nearly all your commission reversed. Same applies with payroll except it's closer to 14 months. Micro-management out the wazoo towards the end basically eliminated the only real benefit of working here which was that you can set your own schedule - was "mandated" to work on Saturdays if behind on 30% higher quota. Spent some time as a manager and got a first-hand glimpse of how little management there knows. I guess the worst is how proud management seem to be when the majority of sales people who work here are openly unhappy.

Advice to Management

None. They don't care about sales people - no matter how much they want to tell you they do.