Heartland Payment Systems
www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com Princeton, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Heartland Payment Systems

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI have been with Heartland for over 8 years. My career has been wonderful and challenging. Have created wealth for my family and my future. Have the opportunity to continue to do the same. The sales position is structured for individuals who have a STRONG work ethic, integrity and persistence. An attitude of doing whatever is necessary (ethically + professionally) and never quit.

Heartland training is on-going.....if you have the focus and desire to learn. It will not be spoon fed. The training modules and all support are available to those who are interested. It is up to the individual.

Whining and excuses are not acceptable if you are determined to earn a big income, help businesses and run your own business. It all comes back to personal accountability.

ConsMicro management is prevelant at Heartland. I agree that the managers should get into the field more often. "Get their hands dirty" as one of the reveiwers wrote.

My advice for a serious sales professional: Put your head down, take a moment to definitely commit yourself, NEVER look back, failure is not an option. Take total responsibility for your actions, communications and results. I put this comment in CONS because there are too many folks that truly cannot handle this responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement--truthful answers: 1. Can you still SELL in today's environment with someone (your manager) breathing down your neck every minute of the day? 2. Are you hiring children that you have to babysit or professional adults that deserve your respect?

DO NOT waste your time unless you want to be run over and kicked to the curb.

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros: maybe the ability to be able... Cons: Where to start. I thought about this for a few days and went back and forth trying to see if this was really worth… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your messages and call people back and maybe drop the attitude as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sad State of Affairs

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great service center. Love most of my co-workers. Been here a long time but that's… Cons: Most of the sales force is unhappy due to the way management is treating them. There is so much unhappiness that almost all of the… Advice to Senior Management: Just look at what is REALLY happening within your organization: New hires quitting left and right because they don't know the business and are expected… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heartland Payment Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heartland Payment Systems CEO Bob Carr. All reviews posted anonymously by Heartland Payment Systems employees.