Heartland Payment Systems
www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com Princeton, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

This is a tough industry...make sure you're a super strong go getter...

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company is built on honesty, trust and integrity. Although each rep is different and you can't really know if they are always honest out in the field, Bob Carr is an incredible man who has created an opportunity to earn a great living!
Heartland is the only company of its kind that doesn't lie and cheat to get the merchants business. There's a lot of competition, but if you can get an appt most of the time you're in. For the most part, my management is great and we all get along well.
I love the concept of the company and Bob doesn't hold back his feelings of the importance of integrity. I love the company...

ConsContinuing on about the management, as nice as they are, there is not much out in the field support once you're "trained." If you're having a difficult time, they talk to you on the phone to try to encourage you, but in the 3 1/2 yrs of working for Heartland I haven't been offered a day in the field to up my spirits and just have a day of fun meeting people together. If I ask, it's usually a "no" due to the fact that they are busy too.
If your account cancels within their first year, your screwed! You may as well forget your pay checks, and your residuals.
It's a tough industry and unless you're able to work on your own 100% of the time you most likely won't make it. But for the super go getters you will have a fantastic career!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise is constructive criticism. I would suggest you spend more time in the field with your reps if you see that they are struggling. Even the best go through slumps and need support, even if it's just getting together to re-group...a lunch, a walk, just something.

Save Up Before Taking This Job!

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good incentive trips. Nice range of products. Great online resource for training, information.… Cons: Once you're out of your initial training, you're pretty much on your own. If you struggle all you hear are other ridiculously extreme cases of… Advice to Senior Management: Let RMs know when accounts stop processing so they have an opportunity to win those accounts back. Stop pressuring managers to hire when they have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Heartland Payment Systems

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I have been with Heartland for over 8 years. My career has been wonderful and challenging. Have created wealth for my family and… Cons: Micro management is prevelant at Heartland. I agree that the managers should get into the field more often. "Get their hands dirty" as… Advice to Senior Management: Management--truthful answers: 1. Can you still SELL in today's environment with someone (your manager) breathing down your neck every minute… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heartland Payment Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heartland Payment Systems CEO Bob Carr. All reviews posted anonymously by Heartland Payment Systems employees.