Heartland Payment Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Insurance, W-2 sales, good customer service for your clients

Cons

Commission only, hype over substance, it doesn't make sense for a industry professional to work here due to the low residuals and bad equity buy out. Do your research. You are better off opening your own ISO and selling accounts for yourself. The only reason to work here in a sales role is for the insurance...that's it. Financially you are better off selling for yourself.

Stop letting politics determine how you run your region. Let go of underperforming managers and allow for new talent to thrive.

269 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

Consultative Sales, Customer Service, Project Management and Sales Support / Training

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most fair and honest Merchant Services and Payroll provider in the market

Cons

Technology releases to market need to be 100% before general release

Do not allow family members to report directly to one another

This is a tough industry...make sure you're a super strong go getter...

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is built on honesty, trust and integrity. Although each rep is different and you can't really know if they are always honest out in the field, Bob Carr is an incredible man who has created an opportunity to earn a great living!
    Heartland is the only company of its kind that doesn't lie and cheat to get the merchants business. There's a lot of competition, but if you can get an appt most of the time you're in. For the most part, my management is great and we all get along well.
    I love the concept of the company and Bob doesn't hold back his feelings of the importance of integrity. I love the company...

Cons

Continuing on about the management, as nice as they are, there is not much out in the field support once you're "trained." If you're having a difficult time, they talk to you on the phone to try to encourage you, but in the 3 1/2 yrs of working for Heartland I haven't been offered a day in the field to up my spirits and just have a day of fun meeting people together. If I ask, it's usually a "no" due to the fact that they are busy too.
    If your account cancels within their first year, your screwed! You may as well forget your pay checks, and your residuals.
    It's a tough industry and unless you're able to work on your own 100% of the time you most likely won't make it. But for the super go getters you will have a fantastic career!

My advise is constructive criticism. I would suggest you spend more time in the field with your reps if you see that they are struggling. Even the best go through slumps and need support, even if it's just getting together to re-group...a lunch, a walk, just something.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems