Heartland Payment Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Good Company, Difficult to achieve goals

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company gives you a lot of support

Cons

They want you to be entrepreneurial, but don't let you run the business the way you want to.
Way too much "do it for the team".

You invest substantially in your new hires, but don't give them enough time to deliver the ROI you are looking for.

248 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

Risky

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Autonomy. Emphasis on getting results. The culture is a winning culture. The leadership in my direct chain of command is high integrity and accountability. The company reputation is very high. The job is high activity based which I prefer. I love the job. It's one I can definitely see myself doing long term.

Cons

The Financial risk is high. A good metaphor is stock options. Your paycheck is like stock options. You get paid and that money is what you owe back to the company if the customer leaves within the contract period. Even if it has nothing to do with you as the sales person. Every business you sign has a different classification and is underwritten with different criterion. So you get paid different ever time. You also have no precise expectation of what you exact take home pay will be.

Be more transparent on how sales people get paid on different kinds of businesses. It should be disclosed in hiring that you would owe back commissions. That was never discussed in my hiring. I had to find out later from someone else. Let me write off the equipment I buy for my customers. Also provide a detailed report of everything you charge me on my AR.

Good Luck !

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can work from home...that's about it.

Cons

Even though you work from home and they brag you can set your own schedule you are micro managed to death. Daily emails along with multiple phone calls and text messages wanting to know what you are doing every minute of the day. You can be a top producer month after month and have one bad month and now you are on notice. Local management likes to bully their RM's in order for them to produce....seriously? Management needs to be taught how to manage, not just given a title because they are the last man standing after everyone left after the security breach. You are expected to work day and night, weekends, all the time. NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE AT ALL.

Stop trying to invent the wheel...take what has already worked for so many other companies and improve it for your company. You also need to take your executive directors and make them sell again...particularly payroll. NONE of them have every sold payroll yet they think they know everything about it.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems