Heartland Payment Systems

Add Review

Good Company, Difficult to achieve goals

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company gives you a lot of support

Cons

They want you to be entrepreneurial, but don't let you run the business the way you want to.
Way too much "do it for the team".

Advice to Management

You invest substantially in your new hires, but don't give them enough time to deliver the ROI you are looking for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Strong Sales processor

Former Employee - Outside Direct Sales in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Outside Direct Sales in Portland, OR

I worked at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company promotes a strong sales support group and strong leadership. Good money can be earned as long as your willing to always work hard.

Cons

As a rep you learn the inside scoop about a company. You are always going after the next BIG account. Thats what matters

Advice to Management

Good company and they should work on good ways to bring more good leads to the sales team. When any company does this and does not worry about the lead cost, they can really help their overall sales.

I am Blessed to be a part of this company. Five Stars from Texas

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are paid for your performance in the sales field. I will never go back to a salaried position again.
    Active Sales Reps that follow Heartland Methodologies will earn $$$$$$$, monthly residuals and gain portfolio equity.
    The "94 Comp Plan" has been in place since....... 1994. It hasn't changed since inception and I am compensated greatly for my contribution in the sales force.
    We are all W-2 employees. As a prior business owner, I'd never want to be a 1099 contractor. Most sales people are terrible at taxes and fail to save money to pay them directly.
    Our Founder and CEO, Bob Carr, has tremendous integrity, foresight and passion that bleeds into our entire workforce. His vision and values have created a culture like no other I've witnessed before.
    There are ample opportunities for growth and advancement.
    I get to watch my kids grow and enjoy a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Heartland or the opportunity I've been given. This can be the career of a lifetime for the right personality. I share my perspective as an employee that has finally discovered what I'll be when I grow up..... A Heartlander.

Speaking from the sales field, this is not a career for the weak of heart. A successful sales rep will have a very special skill set.

The Industry is very competitive and unregulated. Payment Technology is evolving quickly and Reps need to be adaptive to frequent change.
    Experience in cold calling, networking, leading appointments, and engaging C-Level Executives are valuable assets as a sales professional.
    This should not be considered an entry level sales position.

Advice to Management

I'm proud of what the Leadership Team is doing and their vision for the future. I look forward to looking back in five years to realize what Heartland has accomplished.