Very Happy

Current Employee - Division Manager in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Division Manager in Tulsa, OK

Pros

High end comp package as an RM with lots of room to advance in management if you want. Graded and promoted based on performance alone. The possibilities are endless in this company. I have referred family members and friends to work here and use the services. The ethics are beyond reproach.

Cons

This is not for everyone. Only the best sales people should apply. The path for a rookie is clearly laid out but every sales person is not made for this company. Must be a hunter not a farmer.

Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

1. Very Fullfilling

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Ville Platte, LA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Ville Platte, LA

Pros

Excellent multi-products to sell Excellent training on knowledge network Fulfillment achieved by building a portfolio of business at a local level Fully vested residual income

Cons

Sometimes new rules of selling techniques are instituted on a national level because of a high level of success in one part of the country, but these techniques do not necessarily work universally.

Advice to Management

The Winners Edge Enrollment Masters Workshop is probably one of the best training that has been instituted. Continue using this training for all new hires

2. Heartland is a great company with countless opportunities and plenty of room for growth.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Hopewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Hopewell, NJ

Pros

Here are some of the benefits that I have experienced as a sales person with Heartland after 6 years of employment: • This company delivers! I have made many promises to my merchants which I was able to deliver year after year through the consistent support that Heartland has provided. • This is the only honest, full disclosure Processor out there. I worked against them all and have seen so much corruption in this industry that I truly don’t know how these people sleep at night. Heartland does not have “miscellaneous” charges or “additional” fees and DOES NOT quietly and deviously raise their rates every year. The merchants know at all times what they are paying the Card Brands and what Heartland is profiting…the true meaning of full disclosure pricing. • The BEST support center in the industry located in Jeffersonville, Indiana USA, open 24/7 year round. Many times I have called our support center in-front of new prospects to show them how quickly their calls are answered and by a real person who is educated, courteous and helpful; not an automated system. • Full disclosure, pass through, whole sale, Cost-Plus Pricing for everyone! Our small and mid size business benefit from the pricing structure the giant retailer of this country are provided (Wal-Mart, Target etc) with clear and easy statements to understand. • User friendly online merchant reporting that provide clear detail of batches, deposits, statements, ach, etc. • Multiple products under one roof; Card Processing, Payroll, Check Management, ACH, Gift Cards. This is good both for the sales person and the merchant. You can make multiple sales out of one account and the merchant enjoys one contact for all products. • New technology and products released all the time with the newest and best one-E3-End to End Encryption which provides the merchant with peace of mind about PCI-DSS compliance and credit card fraud. Equipment is sold at cost giving the merchant 6 months of interest free payments to pay the full amount. No equipment lease traps!!!! I was hired to work for Heartland Payment Systems 6 years ago and had the privilege of being interviewed for the position by our CEO Bob Carr. In the most candid and straight forward interview I have ever had in my life Mr. Carr had asked me what were my dreams and goals in life to which I replied that I wanted to buy my Mother a home fulfilling a 20 year promise. Six years later my mother is now a home owner clean and clear and this was made possible because of my employment with Heartland. My pay structure is made out of bonuses and residuals. We get paid bonuses every Friday and residuals on the 15th of every month. The bonus is 50% of a 12 month projected profit margin from a new account and the residual is 15-20% of the actual monthly profit that the company generates; this is called our portfolio equity. The beautiful thing here is that after you sell a certain amount of margin for the company you become vested and this means that you now OWN your portfolio and can sell parts or all of it back to the company (under certain provisions of basic production); once you become vested you never loose that status no matter how many times you sell your equity back to the company. When you sell your equity back to Heartland they in turn pay you 30 times it’s worth; for example sell back $1000 in residuals get back $30,000!!! To me, this is the best savings plan with the highest possible return I have ever heard of and it was the only way that I could make a living and “save” enough money to buy my Mom’s house in cash. Well, I did it! Don’t get me wrong, I worked hard for this money, but the harder you work at Heartland the more you pay yourself. The sales position at Heartland is not a job for the faint of heart; you are a 100% commission employee; you set your own schedule and make your own appointments. You have to be self motivated and disciplined with an entrepreneur spirit. This is the perfect job for the person who wants to have their own business but not carry the overhead that comes along with it while being a W2 employee with benefits.

Cons

As I sat here and read the reviews of other present or past employees I was surprised and disappointed. Heartland has experienced some big changes recently and as much as I love this company even I was uncomfortable with some of them but I knew that the heart and guts of this company still remained the same and I chose to ride this out knowing (as always) with Heartland things become right at the end. As long as you are working with “people” there is no perfect job out there and you are not going to like everything and everyone or every change that happens. What was important for me is that the compensation, support, commitment, and products remained the same and they did! What changed is that now the company was holding us responsible for our production and it came by swiftly and without too much warning. So some people could not handle the pressure and resigned and I strongly believe that was the main goal of this process for Heartland…if you don’t think you can produce then leave. Nothing else really changed, has it? We have always had the same minimum production requirement for employment, only now they were enforced for the first time. I have had some great months with Heartland and some really bad ones and the good months came because I prospected and net-worked and knocked on doors and the bad ones came because I sat at home and waited for business to come to me. I like it that at the end of the day whether it ends with success or failure it is really always up to me. It’s outside sales and it’s not always easy to stay peppy and motivated. I have learned that you need to stay educated and take motivational seminars to stay driven. I can tell you this, that if I leave Heartland I will never work for another processor other then Heartland. These are the good guys in a very corrupt and competitive industry. Through difficult times that the company experienced it was our Executives and CEO Bob Carr that suffered and voluntarily took all the losses; the employees and merchants were left unharmed and untouched! That is unheard of in the world of today where CEOs our paying themselves bonuses while their employees are loosing their pensions and life savings.

Advice to Management

Do not loose the “Heart” in Heartland. Do not loose the spirit and culture that made us what we are today. It is the “Heartland way” and the Heartland spirit and motivation that makes me want to go out there every day and knock on doors and sell the Heartland story and product to merchants and fellow employees alike. It was what created the strong loyalty and love that I have and will always have for this great company of so many opportunities. This company has changed my life and made me a better, stronger and more independent person and I want everyone who wants to work for us to experience what I did with Heartland.