Heartland Payment Systems

Paid Well for the Effort You Put In

Current Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

The skies the limit on your income. You work hard and you are paid well. Where else can you give yourself a raise every day. Statistics show that women are paid 20% less than a male with equal qualifications. Not here. I love that no one is dictating my worth and that I don’t have to go through performance reviews for a 5% raise. After my first 6 months I increased my pay by 25% and this year I’m already up by and additional 30%. I expect that to grow as I am much more comfortable in my position and presenting the Heartland Difference. Did I mention that this career allows me to have a very flexible schedule to reach other personal goals. It took a while but Heartland has provided me with training the really works – Seattle 23 was awesome!

Cons

Yup there are some cons just like in any career. But what may be a con to one person is not so bad for another.
 It’s was a rough road getting started. My TM was put in the TM role before they were really ready so I didn’t find much support there.
However my DM was fabulous! Training has since changed for the better.
It is stressful to be in a straight commission career so think about this seriously and if you have a back up for money while you’re working your way to a 6 figure income. I was stressed out over money for the first 6 months but now I am making more than any previous positions.
Hummm – yes equipment costs are a bit TOO high. And sometimes the Service Center lacks knowledge so I hang up and call again.

It's not a career for everyone so only the self motivated, high energy, dedicated, and authentic need apply.

236 Other Employee Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems (View Most Recent)

I've been with Heartland since the last millennium, and I've appreciated the opportunity and integrity that's promoted.

Current Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Janesville, WI
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

The ability to be an employee and work from home is appealing. A prestigious brand industry. The opportunity to build a personal portfolio. A fair compensation plan with residual income. Integrity through out the company that starts at the (very) top. The very best, most knowledgeable, congenial, customer service center in the industry. Great technology, for the card industry.

Cons

HPS has had a history or rolling out products or services before market ready has caused challenges in the field. I've had 13 supervisors in 13 yrs, with as many different 'correct' ways to do things- although they now are approaching their best selling niche. Even though you're an employee, you are on your own for virtually all expenses. Some management levels (Regional Directors) have been the financial beneficiaries of the hard work of others, while (some) contribute the least.

All things considered--'stay the course'. It's not a perfect company, just a very good one that's getting better all the time.

10 years going strong

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

You can look ALL your clients in the eye and shake their hand, knowing that you have created a win-win relationship. I enjoy the freedom of setting my own schedule and limited travels. The commision-based comp plan provides limitless opportunity for income growth. Heartlander's are a family who care about eachother, sharing ideas that make everyone successful.

Cons

I wished HPS would cover more RM/TM expenses to allow them to keep up with technology trends in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!