Heartland is a great company if you are looking for a careet, not a job.

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

Our merchants/clients are treated fair and with honesty. I can sleep at night because I know I am doing the right thing for my merchants and the company.
Great compensation, flexible schedule and hours, and I get a 401(K) and health benefits.
The on-going, long term residuals on top of commissions help build wealth and retirement.

Cons

Sometimes Heartland introduces technological improvements before they are fully tested. We should remember that changes should benefit the merchant more than they benefit Heartland.

REmember that the sales force drives the business, not the stockholders. Keep the sales force happy and they will continue to produce.

Other Reviews for Heartland Payment Systems

Best opportunity I have ever been exposed to. I love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

The ability to build your career in what ever market you prefer. The limitless growth potential in advancement and income. The best offering for the merchants in the industry. Never have to feel like I have not done the best for the merchants I enroll.

Cons

All negatives would seem trivial compared to the opportunity. I would say if this was an Idea box....Maybe a different plan for smaller merchants under 50,000? But I still have great success with our distinctions to offset and price issue.

Keep building a company of top performers. I believe we are on the right path! Don't go back to the old way of recruiting! If we find true top performers they will recongnize the value and benifits Heartland brings and we will find that in Entrepreneur type candidates. With great work ethics. All ney sayers probably do not have those qualities.

This is the best career I have ever had and the opportunities here at Heartland are limitless!

Current Employee - Relationship Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros

The honesty and integrity of the company is unmatched in our industry today!
    The unlimited earning potential.
    Residual income that has portfolio equity at vesting.
    Long term financial security.
    The company truly cares about both the merchant and their sales people and it shows.
    Multiple product offerings.
    Technology leaders in all facets of the business.
    Sales support that can't be beat!
    Sales opportunities on every corner due to our rate structure (cost plus pricing) and our multiple product offerings.
    The E3 technology we offer.
    It is like working in one big family. The support is unlimited.
    Clear goals have been set and we know what is expected of us as sales people.
    The new training programs are the best I have ever seen.
    The sales methodologies and systems that the company now offers in training for the sales force is the best in the industry!
    I love the new direction in sales management! It is obvious that the company cares about their employees and our success.

Cons

It took the company too long to clear out the part time sales people that had been hired over the years. This has since been resolved and the current Team of sales professionals that I work with are much improved because of it.

Keep doing what your doing! The new sales processes and methods that you are training the sales force on today are some of the best that I have ever seen in all my years in sales!

There are newer employer reviews for Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!