Heartland Payment Systems
www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com Princeton, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE; WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE!

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

ProsI'm paid what I'm worth. 100% performance based, with no cap on pay. Portfolio equity and lifetime residuals. The possibilities are endless. Health benefits and 410k. Stock options available based on performance. Incentive points program- earn points to buy whatever you want just for doing your job. Quarterly trips paid in full for hitting quotas. Work from home, and create own schedule. Vast amount of educational resources. The service center is extremely helpful and works very urgently. Local account managers to assist merchants with troubleshooting, face to face service, and installs. No micromanagement from leaders, but support readily available if needed.Opportunities for advancement. Competitive pricing model and features/benefits available to merchants. Overall treatment to our merchants is best in class. Multiple products to sell. Heartland Cares program to aid its employees in need.

ConsVery competitive, dark, and corrupt industry. Feelings of untrust upon approaching merchants before you even speak a work is common. Monthly quotas. Its hard work, especially in the beginning if you want to be successful. You get out what you put in. If you just want to be mediocre and collect a base salary, then Heartland is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my experience, I think management does the best it can. Management acts as a good model for the rest of the organization to follow. They do a good job of supporting when needed, holding their subordinates high, and relying on them to do their jobs without a whole lot of management. Working at Heartland is like owning a business. I am my own boss, nobody tells me how to run my business. I am in control of my results and it is up to me to reach out if I need something. There is an abundance of support and resources readily available, and team members are more than willing to help. The only advise I can give, is to the people reading all of the negative comments about working at Heartland, and questioning if its a good place to work. Keep an open mind and don't believe everything that you hear/read. My bet is that most of the people that posted negative comments about Heartland are complainers and victims. I'm posting this because its time someone took a stand for Heartland, its the best company in the world! The people that never succeeded here, were not right for this job. It takes a special kind of person to work in this industry, and Heartland is the only place I would call home. I'll be working here until I'm dead, unless I decide to retire of course. :)

The hardest, most challenging, but best job I have ever had!

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
Naples, FL

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros: At the end of the day, I can put my head down on my pillow and know that I have told nothing… Cons: It's a very hard job: There is so much to keep up on as the industry can literally change from one hour to the next.… Advice to Senior Management: Management, myself included, must alwasy remember what it was like when they went on that first… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Paid Well for the Effort You Put In

Relationship Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems

Pros: The skies the limit on your income. You work hard and you are paid well. Where else can you give yourself a raise… Cons: Yup there are some cons just like in any career. But what may be a con to one person is not so bad for another. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Heartland Payment Systems.

Worked for Heartland Payment Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heartland Payment Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heartland Payment Systems CEO Bob Carr. All reviews posted anonymously by Heartland Payment Systems employees.