Heidrick & Struggles

www.heidrick.com

unfortunate situation at Heidrick...

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prospeople are nice and benefits are good.

ConsCertainly having the word "Struggles" in the name should have been a sign as it is the most appropriate adjective to describe my time at Heidrick. For those considering to join, make sure you negotiate a salary and can live off that for at least 3 years. There is a bonus, but no bonus pool for EAs. They can only seem to pay the partners via layoffs, management changes, restructurings, etc. Then there is the spending - partner meetings in Barcelona, practice meetings, all internal meetings at a high cost to the firm. Would be nice to have that money in the bonus pool rather in their family vacations.

The CEO has removed every single C-level executive at least one time (if not more) in the past three years and that hasn't solved anything...it doesn't take a PhD to figure this out.

So much there needs to change - and the board is completely unwilling to do it. And why should they? They write books or whatever and the CEO hosts parties for them at Heidrick's expense.

Mostly now I am curious as to what will be the event that actually triggers change...

Advice to Senior Managementchange the CEO and board immediately
figure out how to properly compensate EVERY one not just the partners
figure out how to not spend more than you bring in
when you get the core competencies correct - the culture and mentality of employees will change.

Good place to work - Team is very collaborative, screamers, SOBs are shown the door

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Heidrick & Struggles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Strong mentoring if you seek it out, collaborative environment, practices pull together… Cons: Be prepared to work at all hours. 110% is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bad CEO at the helm

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Heidrick & Struggles full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great SF office, fun collaborative environment Cons: Company is being destroyed by poor management, the CEO is running the company… Advice to Senior Management: The BOD should get a new CEO, breathe new life… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Heidrick & Struggles.

Worked for Heidrick & Struggles? Contribute to the Community!