There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Not for me. Culture is an issue

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Heinz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Heinz NA is not for me. I guess some people can handle the robotic grind but I cannot. Not many people here have many years so that should speak for itself.

Cons

Cons: culture, work life balance, no social life, senior management, Sales Board, human resources, no diversity, Heinz does not care about employees, no incentives, no pension, Pittsburgh HQ sucks, female glass ceiling, benefits

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst mistake of my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great well known brands that span across multiple aisles in the grocery store

Cons

HQ is extremely political and run by cliques and a good ol boy network called sales board. Perceptions are made both good and bad very quickly and once senior management has that perception it's virtually impossible to change perceptions. Surprisingly for the size of Heinz and great brands there is a tremendous lack of coaching and development of their employees. It's a sink or swim mentality. Heinz wants you to already have the skill set they are looking for and have no room or patience to train someone new in role. Heinz has no compassion or empathy for their employees and use them for the sole purpose of the end result. Once they have squeezed everything they need or want from you they discard you like a piece of garbage. I was blatenly lied to by a member of sales board Worst decision of my career that I am still paying for today

Advice to Management

Train your managers how to lead, inspire, and motivate their employees. It's not always about the end result but sometimes the journey of helping someone grow in their role.

Not for me. Depressing place to work

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sorry but the person that put "new superstar CEO" must either be on drugs or his personal secretary. The new CEO has been a disaster and HNA is paying the price. Everything looks good on paper but the tumors are growing inside.

Cons

I have worked many places but the culture here is so bad it is hard to describe. Heinz is not a "people place". In other words, Heinz does not care about their employees at all. I actually think they like when people quit. As someone else said, they are like "Don't let the door hit you in the you know what". You work for them and therefore they are doing you a favor. Long hours, bad business practices like loading, lack of focus on base business, and more. The culture is insanely bad. The morale has hit the bottom of the ocean. And I will repeat what others said about diversity. Heinz hates diversity and they have treated several people very poorly over the past few months.

Advice to Management

Put your ego behind you and figure out how to fix this mess.