There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

The Wizard of Oz - No Magic behind these curtains!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Brands - amazing founder story

Cons

So far from the founders vision - too political which doesn't move one case! Boys club is alive and well. We lost an amazing, respectful sales leader who was always trying to do the right thing.

Ask yourself : are you leaving the company better or worst than you found it? For shame, for shame

287 Other Employee Reviews for Heinz (View Most Recent)

Worst mistake of my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great well known brands that span across multiple aisles in the grocery store

Cons

HQ is extremely political and run by cliques and a good ol boy network called sales board. Perceptions are made both good and bad very quickly and once senior management has that perception it's virtually impossible to change perceptions. Surprisingly for the size of Heinz and great brands there is a tremendous lack of coaching and development of their employees. It's a sink or swim mentality. Heinz wants you to already have the skill set they are looking for and have no room or patience to train someone new in role. Heinz has no compassion or empathy for their employees and use them for the sole purpose of the end result. Once they have squeezed everything they need or want from you they discard you like a piece of garbage. I was blatenly lied to by a member of sales board Worst decision of my career that I am still paying for today

Train your managers how to lead, inspire, and motivate their employees. It's not always about the end result but sometimes the journey of helping someone grow in their role.

Not a great place to start in brand right after MBA.

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Improve your analytical skills quickly.

Cons

No formal training, conservative culture, not a lot of marketing activation work.

Invest behind your powerhouse brands with consumer marketing, not just short-term trade spending!

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!