There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Full of distractions and bad culture

Current Employee - Category Development Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Category Development Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not sure which Heinz to review so I am reviewing both HNA and Heinz. The company has a great backbone of good principles, good brands, and good customer relationships. Today, however things are not as they seem. There are too many distractions and a nosediving culture.

Cons

So much is happening right now that is bad that it clearly outweighs the good. 1) The business is in bad shape for long term growth 2) The culture has become of the worst in the industy and just a bad place to work. 3) The new leadership team does not care about people 4) A high profile sexual harassment case between two popular employees is leading to a divided company with each taking sides. The company has done a poor job managing through this. It is a big distraction.

Advice to Management

Please figure out how to fix this situation that new leadership has caused. Learn to care about people. Value your team and employees

reviews filtered by

This place is not for anyone with values, morals, or any good in them

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Brands, history, quality products, quality items, and formerly quality people. The culture certainly is not a positive

Cons

I've hit the wall and had enough of this place. I cannot wait to find a new job and trust me I am interviewing as much as possible. People do the work of several others for one job. Heinz doesn't value anyone and seems to be joyed when people quit. I really don't care if they offer a retension bonus since everyone is quitting. I am not interested. The culture here is the absolute worst in the industry. I've seen them destroy a good man's career because they turned someone in for harassment. I have seen them flush women out like waste in the toilet. I have seen diversity as non-priority. There is nothing good here now and no reason to come work here.

Advice to Management

Do something. Anything to fix the culture and the mess you created

Finance Area

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I do not have any at this time, all I can really say is, it's just not the company that it used to be, so take it for what it's worth!!!! And just read the reviews, that'll tell you.

Cons

You never know when your last day will be!!!!!.......This company lets go more employees than the average, just look what they did last year and this year, tons of people....Then look at leadership, and now just look (and read) ALL the people leaving on there own....AND now-a-days, all they want is a very selective group of people working there, with the most of education and why?, and for what? sure hasn't been working out b/c those don't even stay, not even for a year (CMU people get let go from this company too).......I'm sure there are much better CPG Companies to work for. But as we all know, Heinz does have great strong brands, it's just that they no longer have that same value in their people.........Henry would roll over if he only how they treat people today!

Advice to Management

Change isn't everything you think it will be!

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz