There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

inconsistent experience depending on where I was at.

I have been working at Heinz full-time

Pros

Given a lot of opportunity to learn new skills.

Cons

Inconsistent management. Inconsistent performance feedback. Competing goals. Lack of Leadership.

Advice to Management

Get out to your front line people and see what is going on what they are doing and what challenges they face. Quit managing from your desk.

reviews filtered by

Well established company that offers opportunities for growth, learning, etc.

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to learn from collaborative relationships, new product launches, line extensions and existing products already in market.

Cons

The company is heavily laden with many processes which can sometimes have a negative effect on job that's being done.

Who quit this week?

Current Employee - Brand Manager
    Current Employee - Brand Manager

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, made many great friends. Some of the most talented in the industry work there (until they leave)
    Excellent brands.
    Lean organization, so exposure to various projects, issues, etc. is vast.

Cons

Typically it is an incredibly lean company... but recent departures, layoffs, attrition, etc. And the company is running at about 60-75% of where they used to be. As a result, patience, morale, and motivation are running very thin.

Have very little long term direction and strategy. Long term thinking = 3 months. Overwhelming thinking that no one knows what we're supposed to prioritize. Everyone is doing the job of 2-3 people... impossible to do it all... but no one is prioritizing so everyone is doing everything - desperately searching for something that works.

Heinz has never been had a strong culture as a teaching-organization or a culture of people developing... but it is even worse now. Employee development is an after thought to mounting other responsibilities.

For the first 5 years of my career I was very proud and consistently said that Heinz had honor and integrity beyond it's peers, and in every situation it could be counted on to 'do the right thing'.... These days I'm not so sure.

Advice to Management

Clear direction & strategy, beyond just ceo office... extension, adoption, and activation at all levels.
    Retention/rewards for talent that has stayed - otherwise you'll be left with mediocre talent that is staying for comfort reasons.

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz