Heinz

www.heinz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Doing all the wrong things

Current Employee - CDM in East Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - CDM in East Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Heinz has a solid foundation of A1 brands and a history of success. Things like Ore-Ida, Ketchup, 57, etc will always ben in the kitchens of Americans.

Cons

1) The culture is a shock for anyone new to the company. It is fairly heartless, cold, and drab. You seem to be nothing more than a number to Heinz and there is little to no care for employees. Work life balance does not exist. The environment in the office is very poor

2) Very little room for upward growth on the sales side past CDM

3* No diversity

4) Terribly mismanaged problems

5) Spending money on trade vs. long term brand building

Employees first - all the rest will follow

338 Other Employee Reviews for Heinz (View Most Recent)

So much different from when I started here :-(

Current Employee - Customer Business Planning in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Business Planning in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Heinz had a great program in called "First Call". It is where Heinz wasts retailers to call Heinz first (Before anyone else). The program has been successful and has helped Heinz climb the Kantar rankings. The problem is that Heinz went away from this and everything is now in a nosedive.

Cons

One word describes the current issuse at Heinz: CULTURE. It is an abysmal place to work right now and not a single person is happy. People are treated very poorly and most work unGodly hours. There is no work life balance. No rewards. No happiness. It is grim to say the least. The hard part is that it is getting worse and leadership does not care. I am probably on the way out as soon as I can find work in this bad economy.

Really go back to your core principles.

Troubled times with poor leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I still have a deeply buried love for Heinz and still have some remote hope that things will eventually turn around. Right now however things are brutal and cold.

Cons

As everyone else has said the culture is just so bad right now that little could be done to help it. Employees are dropping like flies. There is change and gossip every day. People are being treated poorly. Leadership is sending message to show that they are in charge and mess with us and we will can you. There is so little diversity that you would think you are back in time. Recently an employee reported harassment and instead of being investigated they were fired. So much bad right now and so little good.

Before anything will improve you need to fix the culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz