There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

We are at an early stage of a fantastic transformation at Heinz. Very exciting time to be at Heinz

Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The new Senior Management are transforming Heinz for the better. The levels of accountability for all levels of Management are among the best of any Company I have worked for. There have been two recent high profile senior female appointments. We were given an additional vacation day on New Year's Eve which shows that employees count.

Cons

There are still too many people stuck in the past who cling onto history

Advice to Management

Stay the transformation course and be firmer with those who are stuck in the past

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Disgraceful way to lay off a long time employee. Company has no values. Company has poor culture.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I used to have a long list of things that I would have said here in this section. All of that is now gone. There is almost nothing that I can say that was positive about Heinz. My last day was just another slap in the face.

Cons

My review is late but I would like to add to the fury here after hearing about all these comments and reviews. I had a very long career at Heinz and was pretty much well liked by both marketing and sales. I did my job and did it well. Then came the job cuts this month. Fine, I understand this happens but let me tell you how they treated those of us that got laid off and it will tell you a lot about the company, it's values, and what it stands for. It was Friday, near close of business, when rumors started to circulate about a massive round of job cuts. Then everyone started getting meeting invites on their outlook calendar for Monday morning. All of the marketing and sales leaders left before the emails went out so nobody could answer questions. Some got emails to meet with their department leader in their office at a specific time. Others go an email to prepare a project update and be prepared to share it at a conference room that Monday am. Many began to figure it out! Those with meeting with their boss were safe and those being asked for project updates were being let go. I didn't believe it and spent the entire weekend working on my presentation. I even made copies. I came in Monday after working on it all weekend to walk into a barrage of HR. My boss did not even show up. After nearly two decades of my life to Heinz they lie to me and I walk into an ambush. No emotion, no empathy, no apology for making me and hundreds of others work all weekend for no reason. That is what Heinz is all about. Next the culture. It is really bad and getting worse by the day. According to many, they really are asking employees to put false positive reviews on here. They are recruiting people that will do it. That too tells alot about Heinz. They have little care for anyone unless you can bump up the stock price. There is almost ZERO care for any employees. You have to be a part of the group of old school golden untouchables; otherwise you are just a worker bee. Diversity is honestly a joke. There isn't any. They hurt a good friend of mine due to diversity issues and kicked them out with a buyout. Working here is not fun. I highly suggest you think twice before working here. That March day hurt me, hurt my family, hurt my ego and I will never forgive Heinz for how they went about this to so many loyal people. New people have come in to change this company and change it they did. It will never be what it once was and has been ruined forever.

Used to be a great company -- now shows no concern for employees and lacks direction

Former Employee - Brand Manager
    Former Employee - Brand Manager

I worked at Heinz full-time

Pros

-- USED to have great culture, perhaps it could get back to that? -- Somewhat flexible work arrangements

Cons

-- Treats its employees very badly. Does not promote based on performance and has frozen merit and cost of living increases. -- No diversity. The leadership actually held a large meeting to address concerns. They emphasized that diversity was important, meanwhile, it was 10 older, white men in identical outfits on stage. Almost all new moms leave soon after having babies. There are almost no 'non-white' marketers. Gay people are clearly not welcome either. I always found it ironic how senior management would talk about the importance of diversity, but HR made it a policy to only recruit marketers from two different MBA programs. -- Lack of leadership. The leadership has failed to paint a vision for the rest of the team. They are constantly changing focus, which creates havoc. When it does not work, they blame (and fire) the lower level people.

Advice to Management

Honor the employment deal. If you treat people well -- give them a clear vision and the tools to achieve said vision -- they will bring Heinz to new heights. Reward people for achievements through promotions and compensation. Stop hiring people who look and think just like you. Heinz is decades behind, and that mentality will just drop them further.