There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Used to be a great company -- now shows no concern for employees and lacks direction

Former Employee - Brand Manager
Former Employee - Brand Manager

I worked at Heinz full-time

Pros

-- USED to have great culture, perhaps it could get back to that?
-- Somewhat flexible work arrangements

Cons

-- Treats its employees very badly. Does not promote based on performance and has frozen merit and cost of living increases.
-- No diversity. The leadership actually held a large meeting to address concerns. They emphasized that diversity was important, meanwhile, it was 10 older, white men in identical outfits on stage. Almost all new moms leave soon after having babies. There are almost no 'non-white' marketers. Gay people are clearly not welcome either. I always found it ironic how senior management would talk about the importance of diversity, but HR made it a policy to only recruit marketers from two different MBA programs.
-- Lack of leadership. The leadership has failed to paint a vision for the rest of the team. They are constantly changing focus, which creates havoc. When it does not work, they blame (and fire) the lower level people.

Honor the employment deal. If you treat people well -- give them a clear vision and the tools to achieve said vision -- they will bring Heinz to new heights. Reward people for achievements through promotions and compensation. Stop hiring people who look and think just like you. Heinz is decades behind, and that mentality will just drop them further.

288 Other Employee Reviews for Heinz (View Most Recent)

Leaving Heinz was the 2nd happiest day of my life.....

Former Employee - Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Next to getting married, I never felt so happy or free than the day last month when I walked out of the 57 Center door for the last time. It was liberating.

I had many good years at Heinz before new leadership and a new culture engulfed the company. Heinz had many great brands with so much potential. Heinz remains a large force with growing brands overseas and in emerging markets like Indonesia, China, Russia, etc.

Most of the top talent is gone but there are still some decent managers and ABMs

Cons

Working at Heinz the past 24 months has been like prison for me. I got no respect, my team got no respect, worklife balance was dismal, and the culture should be a case study for what not to be. New leaders have gutted a once fine company and left it with nothing but political narcissistic leaders who are only into themselves and power. There is no diversity and Heinz actualy seems to dislike anyone other than white men. Particularly blacks, hispanics and gays seem clearly unwelcomed.

The once great marketing leadership team is gone and replaced by less them stellar talent and people that would not survive in good CPG companies . The new leadership has lost control and lost Heinz all together. Human Resources is a joke and they don't even understand basic policies like harassment (had a huge mess here this past year). Sales leadership was once the backbone of Heinz and is now the weakness. The board has little care for people and really only care about themselves and their power. It is a sad situation.

Abandon the leadership that is failing this company and hire an American CEO that knows the market and how to treat people.

Working at Heinz

Current Employee - Planning Manager  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Planning Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment to work in and achieve results.

Cons

Growth and promotabaility is NOT GOOD at all.

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!