Heinz

www.heinz.com

Used to be a great company -- now shows no concern for employees and lacks direction

Brand Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-- USED to have great culture, perhaps it could get back to that?
-- Somewhat flexible work arrangements

Cons-- Treats its employees very badly. Does not promote based on performance and has frozen merit and cost of living increases.
-- No diversity. The leadership actually held a large meeting to address concerns. They emphasized that diversity was important, meanwhile, it was 10 older, white men in identical outfits on stage. Almost all new moms leave soon after having babies. There are almost no 'non-white' marketers. Gay people are clearly not welcome either. I always found it ironic how senior management would talk about the importance of diversity, but HR made it a policy to only recruit marketers from two different MBA programs.
-- Lack of leadership. The leadership has failed to paint a vision for the rest of the team. They are constantly changing focus, which creates havoc. When it does not work, they blame (and fire) the lower level people.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor the employment deal. If you treat people well -- give them a clear vision and the tools to achieve said vision -- they will bring Heinz to new heights. Reward people for achievements through promotions and compensation. Stop hiring people who look and think just like you. Heinz is decades behind, and that mentality will just drop them further.

Working at Heinz

Planning Manager (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great environment to work in and achieve results. Cons: Growth and promotabaility is NOT GOOD at all. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Heinz is only a shell of what it used to be.......

Marketing Leader (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Heinz was a top tier and amazing organziation and leader in the food industry. We had overcome our poor reputation from the 80s and… Cons: Heinz has allowed British influence to kill what was once great. Heinz NA built a reputation with retailers that was best in class… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Heinz.

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!