Heinz

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz

Moving in the Right Direction

Current Employee - R&D Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - R&D Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great People (mostly)
Great Opportunities at every level
Awesome Brand Equity (Heinz is #1 in Customer Satisfaction)
Great Location (very affordable housing in Pittsburgh)
Excellent Heritage (Heinz started PURE FOOD..no fillers or additives)

Cons

Thin Work Force
Quarterly Financial Focus
Stagnant Compensation than last few years
Still some silos between functions and global groups

Go back to the founding principles of what made Heinz great. (Pure Food...no fillers or additives). Our products should be sold in Whole Foods (all of the original 57 Varities could still be sold there). We need to live the companies vision daily and benchmark against it. Adapt to the Change in Demand and sell product in new places.

322 Other Employee Reviews for Heinz (View Most Recent)

It only fair to report......I was asked last week to post a positive review by Human Resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Heinz does have some good things happening. A refreshing new female leader has been hired to run our Sales. She can hopefully turn things around. Marketing still needs some help because all of the good leaders left.

Cons

Really? Really? That is about all I can say when I was actually asked to please post a "raving review" about our company on this website. My stomach dropped and I almost felt sick. This is what our company is resorting to? Propaganda to put falsely positive reviews where they don't exist?

The truth of the matter is things are not good right now and seem to be getting worse. Get it together Heinz before you ask us to write glowing reviews. Fix the culture, pay your people, and treat all employees with respect and dignity.

This is just sad

Stop asking people to write glowing reviews on here. Peopel will do as they wish and we are not your puppets.

Interesting place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time

Pros

I like working here. I have developed some great internal relationships and in general over the years have changed and developed responsibilities that have kept me learning something new every day. I still think it would be great to finish my career here.

Cons

Agree with the culture, not so much the diversity aspect. They are loading up with diverse educated management, but grooming them to fit into the good ole network. A truly annoying new trend that has only occurred recently is the attempt to make HR more prominent. This has really just exposed just how messed up hiring practices and rewards actually are distributed. Cronyism is rampant and we all knew, but everyone used to be treated better than average and for the most part I think were proud to work here.
    Drilling down to the basics though, the most frustrating part is any type of pay increase. Salary is stagnant. Company has a good year, a bad year, you work your butt off, you do enough to get by, none of it makes too much of a difference. If you are a chosen one of the network, you will get a new job title and there's your chance for a pay increase. That's it. Period. That hurts as most people know what you spent 5 years ago won't come close to getting you the same things as it would today.
    Even with accepting that though, the changes over the last 2 years are just showing that Heinz, a company founded on treating its employees the right way, has succumbed to greed. Health insurance discount (which was a nice perk) turned into some odd kick back credit card that you probably don't get to spend wherever you want (thanks new HR for that CVI). And oh yeah let's restructure the bonus too to make sure you don't get quite as much of those good years. Then let's cut spending on department xmas parties, an annual sales meeting held in Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh hosted conferences with key factory departments, even a day with Santa for employees' children, all bit the dust. These aren't critical pieces to the functioning of the business, and I'm sure that's how they were perceived. But, I noticed. I own shares and you know as a shareholder, I think I'd rather lose a little dividend than have people not feel good about where they work.
    There's nightmare rumors too of people let go just prior to being able to retire. I won't address rumors, but do have to note a comment made earlier here, Mr. H.J. Heinz would roll in his grave.

Transformation...I'm not sure that you really need to do all that. Filling up on diverse highly educated talent is doing nothing for people who actually make this company run. Treat people that have been here right, stop pinching pennies on the talent that you provide so much rhetoric on appreciating. Yeah, the stock is up...but whew read these reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz