Fantastic

Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Company, Great management, really valued employee contributions

Cons

I was sold to a different company

Recognize and develop internal talent rather then searching outside of the organization to fill needs

Other Reviews for Heinz

I have learned so much at Heinz...good and bad.

I have been working at Heinz full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with at factory level. Many great to work with still at the corporate level. It WAS a culture that helped to build people into better employees.

Cons

Not sure the new owners are really trying to understand what we do at the factory level. Food safety and USDA policies aren't really understood by 3G. Or maybe they just don't care. Like many still working at Heinz. I am uncertain of my future. This is very distracting to me and my ability to perform my duties.

Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. If you want to build Heinz to a bigger better company...walk the talk. Build jobs and growth. Don't cut jobs to increase your personal profits. Most people really want to do a good job and will work hard if given some security.

Used to feel proud to be a Heinz-er...now sad to see the culture change from Heinz pride to greed

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Heinz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people - real sense of support from co-workers; used to have lots of opportunities for learning/education - not sure if that will continue.

Cons

18 months ago there was a major "surprise" layoff which caused a dip in morale that we never really recovered from. Then, morale hit #2 with stress for months and months during the transition to new ownership. Co-workers jumped ship weekly until 600 more people were eliminated. People who remain will continue to live under the stress of uncertainty due to the new culture where you may never really feel "safe". Lots of talk from management around seeking "high performers" yet, they just eliminated several very high performers.

Need to spend the next year re-building morale. It has been low for 2 years and could use some real boosting. Don't assume that just great paychecks will be enough. You need to celebrate your people publicly and often. Also, please avoid cliche platitudes about moving on to a new era and how exciting it is for the "new Heinz". Be real and recognize that your current employees have lost some dear friends. I encourage you to do some real team building exercises to create trust with the new team.

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz.

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!