Heinz

www.heinz.com

Fantastic

Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Consumer Affairs Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Great Company, Great management, really valued employee contributions

Cons

I was sold to a different company

Recognize and develop internal talent rather then searching outside of the organization to fill needs

Other reviews for Heinz

Great learning experience

Pros

People are great and there was opportunity to grow

Cons

The change in management and the extreme layoffs had a detrimental effect on the employees.

I would say I sincerely hope that the company can regain the respect of the employees and again become an iconic place to work. There is a great deal of work to be done to get there.

Great Place to Work for Over 20 Years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Heinz was a great place to work. They always truly cared about the employee and the family life/work balance. You could pick your own work hours (within reason) to accommodate your needs or arrange to work at home. I thought I would work there until I retired in a few years, but then entered the Brazilians........

Cons

And then entered the Brazilians.....need I say more. My career ended. They do not care about employees. They only care about how much money they can make. They make decisions that cost the company millions of dollars, but they see that as a good thing. In what world is spending millions to get rid of something a good thing?????? They have taken an iconic Pittsburgh company and destroyed it and most likely will move the company out of the area in a few years once they have destroyed it and made it public again. Maybe they'll all pack up and head back to the Brazilian railroad.

I don't think there's any advice to give to management. They have a plan and are following their "game book"......end of story.......end of Heinz!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Heinz.

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!