Helpmates Staffing Services

There are newer employer reviews for Helpmates Staffing Services

Human Resource Recruiter Role

Current Employee - Human Resource Recruiter in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Human Resource Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Helpmates Staffing Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very exciting opportunity, staff was excellent and easy to work with.

Cons

I was not able to get the salary I was looking for but very happy with the result.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Helpmates Staffing Services (View Most Recent)

Recruiters - Don't bother with Helpmates Staffing Services!

I worked at Helpmates Staffing Services full-time

Pros

Cash rewards for meeting typical sales/recruiting goals. You don't feel like "just a number" because it's a small, boutique firm.

Cons

The deception began at the recruiting process. Their recruiter told me that they believed in "work/life balance" and that I would have the flexibility to work from home when needed. The reality is that the expectation from the top is for you to be available 24/7, eat at your desk and work through lunch, and you are micro-managed every second of the day. When I actually had to work from home one day that my child was ill, I was logged in all day and worked more than 8 hours, but then told that "we don't work from home" and I was forced to use one of my vacation days.
    I came to Helpmates with a very successful track record in staffing and 6 years of experience, and they made me feel incredibly incompetent. Management would second guess every little decision and say amazingly derrogatory things to me. They would also speak poorly about other staff behind their backs - very unprofessional - especially for management level.
    Needless to say, the environment is negative, very stressful, and at times hostile.
    Helpmates has an extremely high turnover for such a small company, and I would strongly encourage any Recruiter thinking about working there to do some heavy research before accepting a position with them. Connect with former employees on LinkedIn and ask them about their experience, in the very least.

Treat your employees like adults and with the respect they deserve. Cultivate a positive atmosphere. Don't speak poorly about people behind their backs. Don't play favorites. When you conduct an "anonymous" employee satisfaction survey, don't get everyone together soon after and bring up specifics in the survey. People realize that you are just trying to find out who said what. Realize there is a reason why so many people have left your company!

Great Opportunities

I worked at Helpmates Staffing Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at the Cashier's Office for a brief period of time and loved every moment of it. The staff was very nice and understanding and I received a great deal of support from the managers. This is a great place to work and also the university has great benefits!

Cons

One of the only cons is the commute to the location in downtown.

There are newer employer reviews for Helpmates Staffing Services