Helzberg Diamonds

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

I can have a balanced life

Cons

Computers systems are really obsolete

None

81 Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds (View Most Recent)

very unprofessional and a waste of time

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

They are members of the American Gem Society. There are many different and reasonable price points to work with. The benefit package seems good.

Cons

Terrible commission rate ( starting at 1/2 a percent! ) , the goals are hard to obtain and unrealistic during these times. NO training, you really have to figure it all out on your own. Managers and assistant managers are given high goals, so they basically take all the sales. They really mislead me about how things are handled.

Management should be training their sales staff in order to build a strong team. They should never gossip about other employees and talk in detail about their personal lives and problems

Somedays wonderful, some days I can't wait to get out of there.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

The discount for employees is excellent. The close relationship between co-workers is nice. They are a very ethical and stable company, part of the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio. They have recently become members of the American Gem Society, and have the latest state of the art tools for looking at and learning about diamonds. They reimburse for training upon completion.

Cons

I have found that they lie to you about promotions. They do not pay well, and don't give raises out fairly. Even if you meet and exceed your goals, they always find something to put you down about. Upper management seems to enjoy intimidating employees. They constantly change the rules on how they want you to do things. Way to much gossip and much of it is started from upper management. Constantly passing the buck when mistakes are made. They make huge deals out of minor mistakes. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on. The comission structure is a joke. They have taken away a lot of benefits and perks in the past few years.

Set better examples from the top down. If upper management wouldn't intimidate store management, I think it would be a better work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds