Helzberg Diamonds

Great Part-Time Job while I was in School

Former Employee - Office Associate
Former Employee - Office Associate

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

The job was low stress and my co-workers were great. It was a great part-time job while I was in college. The pay was pretty good, but best of all, I moved around a lot and the company facilitated my moving to several of their locations. I worked in Virginia, Maryland and Michigan and the transfers between the stores were easy.

Cons

Sometimes the work was a bit boring. There were hours between customers. Also, they kept me as "on call" even though I worked there for three years, which meant that I did not qualify for things like vacation time.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds (View Most Recent)

Really solid

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

Small, agile, ethical company. In the field, good opportunity to devlop selling skills and make a good salary in a mall setting. At the corporate office, great relationships, work-life balance, and ability to create and implement new ideas.

Cons

Corporate culture needs some work. Could be more partnership across functions to ensure success.

Just walk away...

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

Helzberg really cares about the consumer and they do try to educate and help the consumer as much as possible. Helzberg builds real relationships with its consumers and that makes it different.

Cons

Helzberg does NOT care about its employees. My manager is very rude to his employees, is not understanding nor willing to work with people. I quit my last job just so I could work here because in the interview they paint this illusion that you will be happy here (but I blame myself for that because I was unhappy with the better paying, better benefits job). THIS IS NOT TRUE. My boss would not even allow me to come in later on Sundays so I could go to Church (which another associate explained to me that it would not be a problem because they let her when she was going to church regularly). My requests for time off are NEVER approved! The commission is NOT worth the time, nor the effort, the pay could use an increase, the managers (at least where I work) could be more understanding.

Nobody here even accepts personal responsiblity for ANYTHING they do!!! My assist. manager asked me to do something, then when my boss asked why I did it, my assist. manager acted like they never told me to do it and did not understand why I did. Just to save their own skin! Another example... Whenever a coworker of mine makes an error, I just correct the error before anyone finds out. If I make an error, I get reported (for the same errors that they make)!

There is definitely favoritism within the workplace, also. I understand that each manager has their favorite employees to a certain extent, but never in my life have I ever recieved such utterly batant disrespect from a manager.

They are not understanding, do not care about your lives, or emergencies, do not care about you, and I am so tired of being treated as if I am inferior to my coworkers when I meet and exceed my store goals, I am always on time, and I am extremely proactive in the work place. I can not wait until I find another job to replace this one!

Please take the time to care more about your employees and their lives. I understand that you have a business to run, but understand that your employees do have lives outside of Helzberg (believe it or not - it's true). If you took the time to care, and understand, maybe your employees will have a higher job satisfaction and maybe (just maybe), people will perform better. You catch more flies with honey.

There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds