Helzberg Diamonds

www.helzberg.com
  www.helzberg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

As long as you conform to the ways of Helzberg, you will do just fine.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time

Pros

This company holds high ethical standards when it comes to how they conduct business. With so many jewelry stores resorting to dishonest practices in order to make money, it is a real pro that helzberg prohibits it. also offers benefits to fulltime employees, bereavement, and paid vacation after a year of employment.

Cons

It's a very corporate culture here; there is an extensive amount of minuscule rules that are strictly enforced when it comes to how to conduct business and do your job. Sales associates arent given the opportunity to have any real voice or impact on making changes. The hiring process is lengthy and the phone interview asks counter-intuitive questions that seemed to be quite invasive and irrelevant to determining one's present capacity to be a good employee.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds (View Most Recent)

Average hourly sales position

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours are great for college students, employee discount is decent and you will learn quite a bit about jewelry.

Cons

Working in sales is not for everyone

Pathetic

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company seemed to focus on customer service and improving the way the company is seen in the eyes of everyone else.

Cons

Company has no name for itself and expects the same recognition power as like Tiffanys or other large nationwide jewelers. Associates and assistant manager's wages are a joke, I know many MANY people in just simple retail positions who easily make a lot more yet they expect me to wear suits and scold me when my suit is "not high class". After being promoted in a few months my duties tripled yet my waged jumped by the cents.

Yes the customer is extremely important and without them we are nothing but do not sacrifice your bottom rung associates and make money off them. Ask any current salesman and that person will tell you if they do not feel respected or valued they will not perform. It's just common sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds