Average hourly sales position

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours are great for college students, employee discount is decent and you will learn quite a bit about jewelry.

Cons

Working in sales is not for everyone

Other Employee Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

1. Pathetic

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company seemed to focus on customer service and improving the way the company is seen in the eyes of everyone else.

Cons

Company has no name for itself and expects the same recognition power as like Tiffanys or other large nationwide jewelers. Associates and assistant manager's wages are a joke, I know many MANY people in just simple retail positions who easily make a lot more yet they expect me to wear suits and scold me when my suit is "not high class". After being promoted in a few months my duties tripled yet my waged jumped by the cents.

Advice to Management

Yes the customer is extremely important and without them we are nothing but do not sacrifice your bottom rung associates and make money off them. Ask any current salesman and that person will tell you if they do not feel respected or valued they will not perform. It's just common sense.

deadend job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

beside having great coworkers the company sucks and upper managemnet

Cons

you will not get more money later on, get it when you hire on Favorites are picked by all management on upper and lower levels, commission scale is terrible, have found that they lie to you about promotions. They do not pay well, and don't give raises out fairly. Even if you meet and exceed your goals, they always find something to put you down about. Upper management seems to enjoy intimidating employees. They constantly change the rules on how they want you to do things. Way to much gossip and much of it is started from upper management. Constantly passing the buck when mistakes are made.