Pathetic

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company seemed to focus on customer service and improving the way the company is seen in the eyes of everyone else.

Cons

Company has no name for itself and expects the same recognition power as like Tiffanys or other large nationwide jewelers. Associates and assistant manager's wages are a joke, I know many MANY people in just simple retail positions who easily make a lot more yet they expect me to wear suits and scold me when my suit is "not high class". After being promoted in a few months my duties tripled yet my waged jumped by the cents.

Yes the customer is extremely important and without them we are nothing but do not sacrifice your bottom rung associates and make money off them. Ask any current salesman and that person will tell you if they do not feel respected or valued they will not perform. It's just common sense.

Other Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

deadend job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

beside having great coworkers the company sucks and upper managemnet

Cons

you will not get more money later on, get it when you hire on
    have found that they lie to you about promotions. They do not pay well, and don't give raises out fairly. Even if you meet and exceed your goals, they always find something to put you down about. Upper management seems to enjoy intimidating employees. They constantly change the rules on how they want you to do things. Way to much gossip and much of it is started from upper management. Constantly passing the buck when mistakes are made.

Amazingly Waist of time and years

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Evansville, IN

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros

Pay is good and that is about it

Cons

Management gets to personal, Favorites are picked by all management on upper and lower levels, commission scale is terrible,

When you have someone as an assistant manager maybe training them in the ways of management might be a good suggestion instead of being petty and trying to make their lives miserable. Also try to keep your personal lives away from what kind of job you do.

There are newer employer reviews for Helzberg Diamonds.

Worked for Helzberg Diamonds? Contribute to the Community!