Helzberg Diamonds

www.helzberg.com

Great company with a few quirks

ProsPay is excellent for retail if you are in a store with lots of traffic. Days off can be flexible when need be due to the retail nature of the job. Healthcare seems to be average compared to other companies. Offer company matched 401k up to 4%. Profit sharing that varies by year depending on how well the company performed. Life and dissabilty insurance is offered. Great management teams and awesome management training program. Good amount of room for advancement if willing to move. Locations nationwide. General Office (company headquarters) generally able to leave early on Fridays and is also casual dress on Fridays. Have an ethics hotline. Offer a limited number of counseling sessions with a professional for associates going through difficult times. Berkshire Hathaway is its parent company.

ConsHealthcare could probably be better as well as 401k matching. Pay from smaller, privately owned jewelers is sometimes much higher, but risks are greater (such as no hourly rate). Pay rates for different positions are strongly discouraged from being disclosed or even discussed making it difficult to know if you would be interested in working towards, or applying for, that position. Seem to be some issues at headquarters regarding legally protected groups of people, although it's not talked about much so its hard to say. Little to no exchanging of ideas or information between headquarters and stores sometimes resulting in lost opportunities, poor execution, seemingly pointless ideas, or frustrated employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the ideas or thoughts of your seasoned associates from all positions within the company and genuinely consider them.

Not in this economy!

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros: Pay is decent considering all the downtime and not a whole lot of punishment for not making… Cons: The hours are horrible if you have a life, working till ten pm every night… Advice to Senior Management: Spend a little bit more time actually in the store where… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Helzberg Diamonds - All Star Company

Store Manager (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Helzberg Diamonds

Pros: Helzberg Diamonds has; with out a doubt, the best leadership training program I have ever seen. I have had the opportunity to work with some… Cons: None that I can think of. Advice to Senior Management: Utilize available technology to accurately measure traffic and conversion rates Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Helzberg Diamonds.

Worked for Helzberg Diamonds? Contribute to the Community!