11 years of hell

Former Employee - Technician in Abilene, TX
Former Employee - Technician in Abilene, TX

I worked at Hendrick Medical Center

Pros

In today's economy... It's a job. Lots of good people to work with. You just can't trust any of them....

Cons

It's a big high school. Constant gossip traveling the halls. Even the cafeteria is a reminder of school. Various clicks sitting at the same tables everyday. And if you do not live a lifestyle they see fit then You have a target on your back. Management ask employees for ideas on how to improve and even form committees, but in the end they do what is financially beneficial instead of improving quality of care. If you need a job in healthcare, look else where.

Advice to Management

Quit controlling your employees like they do people in north Korea. Your employees are the back bone of any business. How many good employees do you have to run off before you realize your treating them like dirt?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Can not in good concious recommend to others for work or certin types of care

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center

Pros

Generally have equipment to work with.

Cons

Poor supervisors support, supervisor not visible, lack of communication

Advice to Management

More visibility, more positive attitude, more positive role models. Less lateral violence in the work place.

2. My experience at hendrick has been very disapointing.

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center

Pros

I enjoy some of the people I work with and my patients.

Cons

I don't make enough money for what I do. My boss is biased, if the peons have issues at work she shrugs it off but if the nurses have issues then we get confronted about it. Some of our nurses are too lazy. If they wanted to sit around and be lazy they shouldn't have went to school for nursing,

Advice to Management

I wish management would stop being tight wads and start paying a decent wage and I wish they would hire nurses that want to do their job,