Hendrick Medical Center
www.ehendrick.org Abilene , TX

Politics

Phlebotomist (Former Employee)

I worked at Hendrick Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy to get in. Hours are decent.

ConsUnless you know someone you will never advance in this hospital. It's about who you know and not what you know. Politics play a huge part in this job. Interviewing for advancement doesn't mean a thing unless you know someone. If they "like" you, you're in. If not, you're screwed.

The pay is also the worse when it comes to the medical field. They spend so much money on the hospital but yet, cut back overtime opportunities, pay, raises and bonuses. Short staffed, constant call-ins and hiring the wrong kind of people make this a difficult environment to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to ask for opinions then take them into consideration. Train your employees well so they feel comfortable working. Throwing people out there isn't going to benefit the patients or the hospital. Your patients are people not a number. This hospital has fallen far from the family environment. Greed has taken over and this is why people look down at this hospital.

Good atmosphere, bad pay.

Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good coworkers, interesting job, self fulfillment, medical experience, good benefits. Cons: Below average pay. Disrespectful patients, stressful situations where you have… Advice to Senior Management: Much much better base pay for most positions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There's room for improvement

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Hendrick is a hospital that serves surrounding the counties. Many patients who come to the Trauma Center do not see a Primary… Cons: Some older parts of the facility look worn, sad, run down, and depressing. Also, many visitors look lost and ask for directions. Improved… Advice to Senior Management: 1) A fresh coat of paint (not a dull, drab color) -- different colors based on which wing it is -- and new flooring would… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hendrick Medical Center.

Worked for Hendrick Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hendrick Medical Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Hendrick Medical Center employees.