Hendrickson International

www.hendrickson-intl.com

Engineer

ProsThe pay is OK. The medical benefits and wellness program are too.

ConsCareer advancement is difficult at best. Training is non-existent. There is an utter lack of leadership, and direction. I can see little rhyme or reason to titles and job responsibilities for each title. Job descriptions, where they exist, bear little or no resemblance to actual duties.

In my 20+ year career I have never worked with a company more resistant to change. Business processes are inefficient in the extreme, with very little value added. The only change that seems to be allowed actually make the processes more cumbersome and ineffective.

Employees are discouraged from thinking outside the box, and in many instances discouraged from thinking at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving the lion's share of the market doesn't necessarily mean you're doing things right. Take a serious look at your business processes, focus on the value added steps and work to eliminate the massive amounts of non-value added work that is done in the offices. Technology can help you.

Communication is a two-way street, give employees an opportunity to give feedback to their superiors and listen to what they have to say with an open mind. Roundtables are a good start, but only if people feel that what they say can make a difference and that they won't be punished for honesty. Employees need to understand the big picture. Letting them see only their piece of the puzzle doesn't allow them to grow and improve.

Great company with spotty leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Woodridge, IL

I worked at Hendrickson International full-time

Pros: Solid financially; great products and solid engineering capability. Many good… Cons: Most people are stressed out and overworked. A few people (very few)… Advice to Senior Management: Develop your people - and only place leaders in leadership… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Organization

Salaried Employee (Current Employee) Somerset, KY

I have been working at Hendrickson International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Three things come to mind: 1. Great products 2. Excellent Customer Service 3. Committed to developing the workforce [H] is a great place to… Cons: [H] pushes the envelop with manufacturing technology but seems very reluctant to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hendrickson International.

Worked for Hendrickson International? Contribute to the Community!