Hennepin County Medical Center

www.hcmc.org

Flexible and great benefits, super stressful at times.

BA MA (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAwesome benefits package, great health insurance for individuals. Some amazing people work here and keep the place afloat. Cool location and mission, great medical library with tons of educational resources and super helpful staff.

ConsWretched management, high turnover, and random firings when departments are planning improvements, which significantly stalls upgrades and delays progress.

Way too much favoritism, and ironically, the 'favorites' are the worst employees. The more trained and skilled you are, the more they work you to the max to cover the slack of the inept, chronic sick callers, & FMLA abusers (there's a lot).

Possibly the worst human resources department I've ever had to deal with. I wouldn't even give them a job at McDonald's mopping floors if they volunteered. They frequently lose critical paper work, and viciously hunt out good employees for the most trivial issues, while ignoring the worst, do nothing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull it together and show better direction. I've seen too many wonderful people leave here due to confusing tactics and promotion of bad workers. It really deals a huge blow to morale and you're practically encouraging bad work habits.

Clean up the hospital's imagine, it's known to area residents as a place to get pain killers, and frequent dealing is done in plain sight of visitors and patients.

Encourage overweight smoking staff to not smoke at the emergency room entrance and up their insurance premiums. Better yet, fire them, it's embarrassing, unwelcoming, and hypocritical.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Dysfunction at it's best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hennepin County Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great employees who have done more with less for years… Cons: This organization is the most money, personnel and common sense starved place to work I have ever seen. Manager do not have the dollars or… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house. Clearly, senior management has failed - especially in the nursing hierarchy.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work

I have been working at Hennepin County Medical Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Independence, loads of opportunities, friendly people Cons: Too many heads, too many moving parts without a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hennepin County Medical Center.

Worked for Hennepin County Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!