There are newer employer reviews for Hennepin County Medical Center

Great staff and great work being done while in leadership transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hennepin County Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

We have really great, talented, and compassionate staff. I love that we are a teaching and learning hospital. There is really some great work being done here and, as we are transitioning leadership, we have a great opportunity to change how we are engaged within our community.

Cons

Currently we are transitioning leadership with new management and new staff. Change can be scary, but I'm hoping for the best. A lot of older employees have been here a very long time and need to choose between retiring or continuing to work.

Encourage more employee growth and team cohesiveness - continue with the positive changes you are making and help us strive for excellence in every area so we can become a better hospital all together

24 Other Employee Reviews for Hennepin County Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Mid-level administrators are among the worst in the industry. Lip service to patient care but without actual excellence.

I have been working at Hennepin County Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nurses are great, medical/surgical residents and attending staff are generally pretty good.

Cons

Leadership is lacking and a culture of mediocrity pervades HCMC. There is a lot of "dead weight" in the lower level and middle level administration that does nothing useful and does not enhance the quality of medical care. There is a boilerplate mentality and no one asks what more they can do. Many clerical workers are lazy and/or inept. A lot of workers have a bad attitude.

Change the culture to reflect putting actual patient care ahead of "blah blah blah," lots of empty words.

Care and compassion

Current Employee - Lactation Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lactation Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

The people at HCMC really CARE about the people we serve.

Cons

It is a BIG organization, sometimes change is difficult to accomplish.

There are newer employer reviews for Hennepin County Medical Center

Worked for Hennepin County Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!