Henry Ford Health System

www.henryfordhealth.org

Used to be good, but getting bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsPeople are hopeful and positive (this is starting to change though). The culture is such that most people have respect for their co-workers, regardless of educational status of position. People are able to communicate respectfully in all directions, up, down, across. It doesn't matter. Management won't really bother you unless you're not doing what you should be doing. Most people are hardworking.

ConsHealth Benefits SUCK!!! You pay high deductibles, co-pays, and premiums, and it's probably going to get worse, which is ok for perfectly healthy people, but people who are sick and have to consistantly go to the doctor are SCREWED!!! They'll all be in the poorhouse. I have seen employees neglect specific duties that place a lot at risk, told on them, and nothing seemingly was done...SCAREY!! The attitudes seem to be passive aggressive, rather than straight forward negative. It's WIERD! If you transfer to another position as a professional, you can't keep your current salary. They make you take a pay cut. Jobs are getting more and more scarce. It's hard to find good jobs to transfer in anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave our health care alone. People must be able to afford the doctor if you want them to go to the doctor. Many are chronically ill. Thier illnesses will become worse if they can't afford their care. You're doing more harm to your employees that good. Hopefully, you saving money doesn't take precedence over the health of your employees. Allow professionals to keep thier current salaries. They worked hard to get there, and they work hard to stay there. REALIZE....It is the employees that got you your coveted Baldridge Award. Finally, Please don't make us hurry up and take surverys to increase our GPA award, then say "Ooops...Sorry you won't be getting the award this year". That's really mean.

Good benefits, but

Administrative HIM (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits and reasonable cost. Excellent tuition assistance program Cons: Very low pay; no raises for 3 yrs - then a small increase and no raise this yr. I was not eligible for 2011… Advice to Senior Management: Increase wages for clerical/non-clinical staff. They also perform an excellent job.… More

A positive atmosphere.

Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great coworkers, great benefits, good company. Cons: Cons are miniscule, they are not worth mentioning. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Henry Ford Health System.

Worked for Henry Ford Health System? Contribute to the Community!