Henry Ford Health System

www.henryfordhealth.org
  www.henryfordhealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Henry Ford Health System

Great company! Not so great boss.

Former Employee - 379d57d1@opayq.com in Detroit, MI
Former Employee - 379d57d1@opayq.com in Detroit, MI

I worked at Henry Ford Health System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health insurance was top notch and they really loo out for their employees. The overall environment was great.

Cons

Did not like having to get vaccinations. Boss was not fair. Observed this with more than one employee. The environment I worked in was a bit hostile.

Take a look at your lead researchers. The Universities aren't the only ones graying.

134 Other Employee Reviews for Henry Ford Health System (View Most Recent)

Outstanding work environment.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Communication is directed from top. After working for 3 weeks I had breakfast meeting with Director of Community Care Services. He told us his expectations of us. It was a great experience. The Vice President of Optimeyes walks the talk. She is an excellent business woman, who is driven to succeed. She inspires us every day. The Super Vision center I am a manager at is a growing store looking for like minded professionals.

Cons

Some of the long standing managers are given more leeway. This is being handled through attrition instead of direct confrontation.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Used to be good, but getting bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Henry Ford Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are hopeful and positive (this is starting to change though). The culture is such that most people have respect for their co-workers, regardless of educational status of position. People are able to communicate respectfully in all directions, up, down, across. It doesn't matter. Management won't really bother you unless you're not doing what you should be doing. Most people are hardworking.

Cons

Health Benefits SUCK!!! You pay high deductibles, co-pays, and premiums, and it's probably going to get worse, which is ok for perfectly healthy people, but people who are sick and have to consistantly go to the doctor are SCREWED!!! They'll all be in the poorhouse. I have seen employees neglect specific duties that place a lot at risk, told on them, and nothing seemingly was done...SCAREY!! The attitudes seem to be passive aggressive, rather than straight forward negative. It's WIERD! If you transfer to another position as a professional, you can't keep your current salary. They make you take a pay cut. Jobs are getting more and more scarce. It's hard to find good jobs to transfer in anymore.

Leave our health care alone. People must be able to afford the doctor if you want them to go to the doctor. Many are chronically ill. Thier illnesses will become worse if they can't afford their care. You're doing more harm to your employees that good. Hopefully, you saving money doesn't take precedence over the health of your employees. Allow professionals to keep thier current salaries. They worked hard to get there, and they work hard to stay there. REALIZE....It is the employees that got you your coveted Baldridge Award. Finally, Please don't make us hurry up and take surverys to increase our GPA award, then say "Ooops...Sorry you won't be getting the award this year". That's really mean.

There are newer employer reviews for Henry Ford Health System