There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

If you are committed to social responsibility, then this is the company for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melville, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

Strong community ties and committment to helping others.

Cons

Communications within the company could be improved.

Let's get back some of that Team Spirit that seems to have gone away with our growth.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Henry Schein (View Most Recent)

What A Joke?

Current Employee - Inbound Sales  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales in Reno, NV

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

The benefits are wonderful medical, dental, vision.

Cons

Backstabbing, trash talking employees and worse even the managers are horrible. Managers spend more time smoking and gossiping than working on real issues in the office. Managers allow certain employees to say or do what ever they want and other employees have to sit back and take it. I am suprised there has not been a lawsuit yet at the call center. The HR department is a joke. Ask the HR department for information and you might get it back two months later if they have not lost it.

Replace all of your managers in the Reno, NV call center with competent college degree holding managers. Same for your warehouse in Reno, NV. Take some time and send in a mole to see how much time is being pissed off on your dime. You will find it is far more than you think. Check the internet use and see how many e-mails are for personal business, especially in outbound.

Working for Henry Schein provides quality of life

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

It's local, so the commute isn't bad at all, and the benefits are decent. The best thing about Henry Schein is the people. The people and the culture are the reason I stay. They are also very understanding about personal crisis when they arise. I'm sure if you were to abuse that, they wouldn't be so understanding, but it seems to be that accross the board, in every department, at every level, it is understood that you have a life outside the office and if a crisis arises, you're expected to take time off to deal with it.

Cons

It's getting larger by the day, so sometimes, it's difficult to get noticed. And it's getting more hierarchical as it gets bigger. And the bigger it gets, the more pigeon holed the jobs seem to get, so you have to move around departments to gain different experiences, whereas when they were smaller, you could stay in the same department and get a variety of experiences.

You're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. I've seen the company grow tremendously since joining. I feel like an important and valued team member.

There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!