There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

What A Joke?

Current Employee - Inbound Sales in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Inbound Sales in Reno, NV

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

The benefits are wonderful medical, dental, vision.

Cons

Backstabbing, trash talking employees and worse even the managers are horrible. Managers spend more time smoking and gossiping than working on real issues in the office. Managers allow certain employees to say or do what ever they want and other employees have to sit back and take it. I am suprised there has not been a lawsuit yet at the call center. The HR department is a joke. Ask the HR department for information and you might get it back two months later if they have not lost it.

Replace all of your managers in the Reno, NV call center with competent college degree holding managers. Same for your warehouse in Reno, NV. Take some time and send in a mole to see how much time is being pissed off on your dime. You will find it is far more than you think. Check the internet use and see how many e-mails are for personal business, especially in outbound.

reviews filtered by

Working for Henry Schein provides quality of life

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

It's local, so the commute isn't bad at all, and the benefits are decent. The best thing about Henry Schein is the people. The people and the culture are the reason I stay. They are also very understanding about personal crisis when they arise. I'm sure if you were to abuse that, they wouldn't be so understanding, but it seems to be that accross the board, in every department, at every level, it is understood that you have a life outside the office and if a crisis arises, you're expected to take time off to deal with it.

Cons

It's getting larger by the day, so sometimes, it's difficult to get noticed. And it's getting more hierarchical as it gets bigger. And the bigger it gets, the more pigeon holed the jobs seem to get, so you have to move around departments to gain different experiences, whereas when they were smaller, you could stay in the same department and get a variety of experiences.

You're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. I've seen the company grow tremendously since joining. I feel like an important and valued team member.

2. Henry Schein needs to get out of the "mom & pop" mentality and back-up the Team Schein spirit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

My immediate boss and team are great and we work well together. We support each other in every way

Cons

Lack of planning, lack of direction, lack of saying no when necessary...stagnant. They constantly say "Team Schein, everyone is equal...senior management and workers are definitely different.

Think outside the box. Set standards and follow-through with them. Sometimes no is not a bad thing for the company. Plan, plan, plan...

There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein