What A Joke?

Current Employee - Inbound Sales in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Inbound Sales in Reno, NV

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

The benefits are wonderful medical, dental, vision.

Cons

Backstabbing, trash talking employees and worse even the managers are horrible. Managers spend more time smoking and gossiping than working on real issues in the office. Managers allow certain employees to say or do what ever they want and other employees have to sit back and take it. I am suprised there has not been a lawsuit yet at the call center. The HR department is a joke. Ask the HR department for information and you might get it back two months later if they have not lost it.

Advice to Management

Replace all of your managers in the Reno, NV call center with competent college degree holding managers. Same for your warehouse in Reno, NV. Take some time and send in a mole to see how much time is being pissed off on your dime. You will find it is far more than you think. Check the internet use and see how many e-mails are for personal business, especially in outbound.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Working for Henry Schein provides quality of life

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

It's local, so the commute isn't bad at all, and the benefits are decent. The best thing about Henry Schein is the people. The people and the culture are the reason I stay. They are also very understanding about personal crisis when they arise. I'm sure if you were to abuse that, they wouldn't be so understanding, but it seems to be that accross the board, in every department, at every level, it is understood that you have a life outside the office and if a crisis arises, you're expected to take time off to deal with it.

Cons

It's getting larger by the day, so sometimes, it's difficult to get noticed. And it's getting more hierarchical as it gets bigger. And the bigger it gets, the more pigeon holed the jobs seem to get, so you have to move around departments to gain different experiences, whereas when they were smaller, you could stay in the same department and get a variety of experiences.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. I've seen the company grow tremendously since joining. I feel like an important and valued team member.

Individuality

Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

Job security and great benefits

Cons

Since large public company, raises & bonuses are limited to almost none, which is very dissappointing since company is very profitable & growing. Employees should be awarded bonuses for their performances.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to get to know their employees more & be aware of each one's performance & capabilities & rate each individual as an individual, not as a group & rate each person's performance the same as a group. Need to be concerned of individuality & not group classification especially when it comes to salary increases. Entire dept should not receive same increase rate, it should be based on each persons' individual merit & not just give all same increase thinking that would be the most fair.