Henry Schein

www.henryschein.com

Good company but beware of overstated pay

Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood work and atonomy if you have good numbers. Flexibility in how to gain business. Significant training opportunities. Some of the management is very talented. Fortune 500 strength. Opportunity is there to make acceptable money.

ConsCheap cheap cheap cheap cheap! I don't know how the company gets away with not paying for any expenses, especially in CA where employment law dictates that employees shall not suffer a loss for either the cost of doing business or expenses incurred as a usual or required part of performing your job. We have to take doctors to lunch, drive all day long, home office et al. None of these are reimbursed. Charge backs on commission for things that would commonly be done as a cost of doing business. Chargebacks can and do sometimes exceed the commission earned. To add insult to injury, if a fee is waived for a customer, legitimate or not, that is simply added to the commission deduction. What starts out as $120,000 gets chissled down to about $100,000 from chargebacks then unreimbursed business expenses will chisle that down to about $70,000. Benefits are expensive, have high deductables and have high out of pocket expenses at the doctors office. Between payroll deductions, co-pays, and out of pocket expenses, expect medical and prescription expenses for a family to be between $3,000 and $8,000 a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementReimburse expenses before a class action comes and makes it happen. Have an honest and straight forward compensation plan that only charges back for returned product.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lack of Training. Operates in a Silo

Product Category Specialist (Former Employee) Melville, NY

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stable employment. Great 401 match. Cons: Management is undereducated The whole company operates in a silo. Too many upper management "grew… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Watch your back!

Equipment Sales Representative (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Left alone for the most part to do your job.… Cons: Back stabbers. Only care about the bottom line. Canned sales… Advice to Senior Management: It feels a bit like the company runs like a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Henry Schein.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!