Henry Schein

www.henryschein.com

Worst company in the world.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsThe best reason to work for Henry Schein? NONE!!!!!!!!!

ConsDownsides? EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
Management treats people like they are tiny ants that they can just walk around and step on. Compensation is a joke. I was layed of from a similiar company and was paid $20,000 more per year. They are not even close to being competitive. They offer a very low hourly wage and then a commission structure that is impossible to track by yourself, so you have no idea what you are going to make. For inbound reps, you get a very insulting $10 hour. I can make more flipping burgers at In-N-Out. The commission isn't a percentage of what you sell. You are paid a small percentage of a pool that they decided how much goes in, then based on about 7 different factors they decided what percentage of that pool you get. Outbout reps get a low hourly wage and a percentage of what they sell. Then the company deducts what you made hourly from your commission dollars. Fair? Not even close. For both inbound and outbound reps vendors have spiffs that you can work for, which Henry Schein takes full advantage as a reason it won't pay people anything. The vendors may add an additional $100-$200 (before taxes) to your commission check, which is paid once monthly. Fair??? No!!!!!!!!!
Time off is also figured out in a way that only management can track, and you have to put in a request to see how much time you have. Even though they have the ability to let you know how much time off you have accumulated on your check, they refuse to do this.
The company is a revolving door, a lot of turnover.
And their open door policy is a one way door out on the streets. I have overheard many people looking for something else. No one is happy, you feel like you are chained to your desk and not allowed to speak.

The ordering system they still use is the really old AS400, which is extremely limiting and time consuming. Policies have been changed multiple times in the same day. Communication is non existent. You usually find out about a policy when your being reamed for doing something wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like slaves, and start compensating people fairly and for what they are worth.

Just good for job security

Software Consultant (Current Employee) Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros: Job Security, Good Benefits, not much of work, life is… Cons: No growth in career, senior management treat employees like a… Advice to Senior Management: Get educated about how to improve quality of life in the company, not just looking at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

UNFAIR employment practices!

Credit Representative (Former Employee) Melville, NY

I worked at Henry Schein

Pros: Hours, day time and medical benefits. Training and updates. Cons: Lack of diversity, and promotion within. Bias demeanor by manager.… Advice to Senior Management: Manager showed a lack of unfairness and lack of recognition with some employess. Poor judgment in work ethics, no equality. If you are hire for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Henry Schein.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!