You will be WHIPPED UNTIL YOU'RE MOTIVATED...

Current Employee - Digital Technology Specialist
Current Employee - Digital Technology Specialist

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

The only Pro to Henry Schein are the healthcare benefits....other than that...NOTHING!

Cons

Although Henry Schein has grown on the Fortune 500 list over the past 4 years..it is at the expense of their employees and even sales people.
The company is only concerned with growth at any expense. They do not care about employees or turnover. They are masters at creating internal competiton among their sales people as well.
The Zone Technology Managers that should be helping you sell more are only there to send you a monthly score card of where you are in sales. They think that sales should be closed equally over a 12 month calendar year..hello??? has any one ever heard of sales cycles???

Their plan is to hire as many field reps as possible with no set territory and let everyone fight for sales amongst themselves. Don't even get started on E4D....management thinks that pounding on the DTS's will bring E4D sales...when they have not given any quota to the FSC's!! How stupid is that??

Now they charge the sales people when a doctor uses a credit card! That is just pathetic...Talk about nickle and diming the sales people to death.

The first opportunity I get to work for a competitior to Schein ....you better believe I am going to do it...

DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY !!!! YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT!!

Stop trying to grow at any cost...and revise your "Team Schein" motto because it is a complete and utter insult!

Other Reviews for Henry Schein

Meh!

I worked at Henry Schein

Pros

The work-life balance was great. I usually got time off without a problem when I felt that I needed it. There was often a lot of down-time at work, which could be considered a pro or a con depending on your level of motivation. I got to do a lot of different things and no day was ever the same. Henry Schein is very big on community service, which I think is important. The people were great and we had a lot of fun working together.

Cons

Communication from upper management was inconsistent and contradictory. It was difficult to determine whether you were meeting job requirements or what steps should be taken when improvement was necessary. The office setting could be very unprofessional at times. There were advancement opportunities but only for a select few. The majority of people worked extremely hard, took on aditional duties with no pay increases or title changes.

Henry Schein is too big for it's own good. Workers have limited flexibility which can hinder progress and success. Encourage and reward workers to think and work outside of the box rather than "rewarding" ingenuity with additional job responsibilities with little or no professional benefit.

Sometimes can be a nightmare place to work in .....

Current Employee - Service Tech/Install Tech
    Current Employee - Service Tech/Install Tech

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

great benefits, company vehicle, steady work

Cons

local branch management, is horrible. Most of the management never worked in the field. Never turned a wrench. They have no technical abailty . They cannot relate to the everyday tasks of a tech.They sit behind a desk and dont relate to the outside world, and what it takes to get a job done.
    Dispatch of work is from another state, through nextel's. Dispatch personel are horrible, again $8.00 an hr people with no techncal ability off the street answering phones. It is a nightmare to get things done sometimes...Meetings to schedule the next meeting ....You are a name and a number here.......

needs to not hire from the outside, needs to promote from within. Branches needs a service manager between techs and management.....Needs more technical people who understand the business in management..

There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!