There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein

Working for Henry Schein provides quality of life

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

It's local, so the commute isn't bad at all, and the benefits are decent. The best thing about Henry Schein is the people. The people and the culture are the reason I stay. They are also very understanding about personal crisis when they arise. I'm sure if you were to abuse that, they wouldn't be so understanding, but it seems to be that accross the board, in every department, at every level, it is understood that you have a life outside the office and if a crisis arises, you're expected to take time off to deal with it.

Cons

It's getting larger by the day, so sometimes, it's difficult to get noticed. And it's getting more hierarchical as it gets bigger. And the bigger it gets, the more pigeon holed the jobs seem to get, so you have to move around departments to gain different experiences, whereas when they were smaller, you could stay in the same department and get a variety of experiences.

You're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. I've seen the company grow tremendously since joining. I feel like an important and valued team member.

reviews filtered by

Individuality

Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

Job security and great benefits

Cons

Since large public company, raises & bonuses are limited to almost none, which is very dissappointing since company is very profitable & growing. Employees should be awarded bonuses for their performances.

Senior management needs to get to know their employees more & be aware of each one's performance & capabilities & rate each individual as an individual, not as a group & rate each person's performance the same as a group. Need to be concerned of individuality & not group classification especially when it comes to salary increases. Entire dept should not receive same increase rate, it should be based on each persons' individual merit & not just give all same increase thinking that would be the most fair.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Field Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros

Henry Schein is the best company I have ever worked for. I appreciate the flexability that Henry Schein has shown on many different issues that have occured since I have been employed here. Henry Schein consistently strives to make sure that their customers' needs are met, and when a situation calls for it Schein is not affraid to look at new ways of doing things in order to keep their customers happy.
    Many companies talk about "team" and "our people are our greatest asset", but Henry Schein is the first place that I have worked that actually means these things.

Cons

Every company struggles at some level with internal red tape and Henry Schein is no different. At times it can be very challenging to get things done quickly.

Keep up the great work!