Henry Schein

www.henryschein.com

Working for Henry Schein provides quality of life

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Melville, NY

ProsIt's local, so the commute isn't bad at all, and the benefits are decent. The best thing about Henry Schein is the people. The people and the culture are the reason I stay. They are also very understanding about personal crisis when they arise. I'm sure if you were to abuse that, they wouldn't be so understanding, but it seems to be that accross the board, in every department, at every level, it is understood that you have a life outside the office and if a crisis arises, you're expected to take time off to deal with it.

ConsIt's getting larger by the day, so sometimes, it's difficult to get noticed. And it's getting more hierarchical as it gets bigger. And the bigger it gets, the more pigeon holed the jobs seem to get, so you have to move around departments to gain different experiences, whereas when they were smaller, you could stay in the same department and get a variety of experiences.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. I've seen the company grow tremendously since joining. I feel like an important and valued team member.

Henry Schein needs to get out of the "mom & pop" mentality and back-up the Team Schein spirit

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros: My immediate boss and team are great and we work… Cons: Lack of planning, lack of direction, lack of saying no when necessary...stagnant. … Advice to Senior Management: Think outside the box. Set standards and follow-through with them. Sometimes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Individuality

Customer Service (Current Employee) Melville, NY

I have been working at Henry Schein

Pros: Job security and great benefits Cons: Since large public company, raises & bonuses are limited to almost none, which is very dissappointing… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management needs to get to know their employees more & be aware of each one's performance & capabilities & rate each individual as an… More
There are newer reviews on Henry Schein.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!