Henry Schein

www.henryschein.com

Working for Henry Schein provides quality of life

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Melville, NY
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Melville, NY

Pros

It's local, so the commute isn't bad at all, and the benefits are decent. The best thing about Henry Schein is the people. The people and the culture are the reason I stay. They are also very understanding about personal crisis when they arise. I'm sure if you were to abuse that, they wouldn't be so understanding, but it seems to be that accross the board, in every department, at every level, it is understood that you have a life outside the office and if a crisis arises, you're expected to take time off to deal with it.

Cons

It's getting larger by the day, so sometimes, it's difficult to get noticed. And it's getting more hierarchical as it gets bigger. And the bigger it gets, the more pigeon holed the jobs seem to get, so you have to move around departments to gain different experiences, whereas when they were smaller, you could stay in the same department and get a variety of experiences.

You're doing a great job leading us in the right direction. I've seen the company grow tremendously since joining. I feel like an important and valued team member.

Other reviews for Henry Schein

Henry Schein needs to get out of the "mom & pop" mentality and back-up the Team Schein spirit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Pros

My immediate boss and team are great and we work well together. We support each other in every way

Cons

Lack of planning, lack of direction, lack of saying no when necessary...stagnant. They constantly say "Team Schein, everyone is equal...senior management and workers are definitely different.

Think outside the box. Set standards and follow-through with them. Sometimes no is not a bad thing for the company. Plan, plan, plan...

Individuality

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Melville, NY

Pros

Job security and great benefits

Cons

Since large public company, raises & bonuses are limited to almost none, which is very dissappointing since company is very profitable & growing. Employees should be awarded bonuses for their performances.

Senior management needs to get to know their employees more & be aware of each one's performance & capabilities & rate each individual as an individual, not as a group & rate each person's performance the same as a group. Need to be concerned of individuality & not group classification especially when it comes to salary increases. Entire dept should not receive same increase rate, it should be based on each persons' individual merit & not just give all same increase thinking that would be the most fair.

There are newer employer reviews for Henry Schein.

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!