Hensel Phelps Construction
www.henselphelps.com Greeley, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Reconsider

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe compensation is fair, the health benefits are very good, and the retirement package is great.

HP is extremely focused on women and minorities in the work place and you will find that they tend to climb the ladder extremely fast.

HP is focused on training and all though that has not been my experience other employees have had access to training.

New employees can expect to be promoted within two years assuming you start at the bottom.

ConsI've moved 4 times in the past two years. I average 70 hours a week. So as you can imagine dating for young engineers is nearly impossible and if your married don't expect your spouse to be able to contribute financially. HP does not consider spouse's jobs when moving you, lastly HP has an extremely high rate of divorce which makes sense when you consider all the moving stress and long hours.

There is no Human Resources department and management is very proud of that fact, they are of the opinion that HR is a waist of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring for your employees. Many of the younger staff intends to leave the company when the economy turns around, you might want to find out why.

Good place to learn every aspect of construction but long hours make work-family balance difficult

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Hensel Phelps Construction

Pros: If you want to learn construction from the bottom up, this is the place for you. They will start you in the field rubbing… Cons: As in many construction firms, work hours are very long. We often start meeting at 6 a.m. and don't leave office until 5 or… Advice to Senior Management: Provide alternatives for employees to strive their work-family balance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Are you motivated by money

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
    Stockton, CA

I have been working at Hensel Phelps Construction

Pros: good starting pay with immediate responsibility. loads to learn from within a short time. good for a young person to… Cons: long hours. LOOOOng hours. little recognition. tons of chiefs and few indians. mainly a male workplace marked by many trying in vain to be the… Advice to Senior Management: throwing people at problems isnt always a solution. Get up to date with technology, it would save time/money… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hensel Phelps Construction.

Worked for Hensel Phelps Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hensel Phelps Construction reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hensel Phelps Construction CEO Jeff Wenaas. All reviews posted anonymously by Hensel Phelps Construction employees.